Freedom

Today seemed quite busy. Citizens of all greenish-bluish shades were roaming around the markets, seeing friends, or just simply enjoying the cool summer air. It was also noisy, almost to the point where I couldn't stand it. Shapes constantly trying to advertise their goods are services to others in hopes of getting even just a bit of cash. I hurried past the populated town and more into the forests of Paradise.

Forests were like endless journeys of exploration, always something new. Maybe that's why I enjoyed walking through them so often. It doesn't happen a lot that you're just alone with only some birds to keep you company.

Usually, you would see the start of some mountains and maybe even some small caves. My mind, having seen this part of the forest almost 3 times a week, had a mental map set out just in case something new appeared. That's why I got suspicious when I saw a cave that was never there before. 

It seemed a decent size with some mushrooms scattered throughout it. There was some sort of liquid on the floor, but that wasn't the interesting part, no no no.

It was the grey figure sitting at the end, expressionless. 

What would an average being do during this situation? Run? Hide?

Well apparently I wasn't average because I walked straight into that cave, possibly a home to some weird... thing wearing a bluish robe with 3 little spheres floating near the top of its head.

So yeah, that's when I noticed the liquid. 

It was pink.

Okay so yeah maybe I'm average now because I ran off.

"...And there was this weird looking thing just sitting there, and it did nothing, I don't think it was alive, and then-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Jesus, slow down," I was so caught up in my discovery that I couldn't even fit it all into a sentence that was hard to comprehend. "Okay, start from the beginning. What did you see in that cave?" S.C. briskly said to me in a tone that would concern the most cocky person.

"Okay. I saw a grey cactus-looking thing with 3 balls levitating on its head, with a blue toned robe and some weird tail that was the same shape as its head." I replied, finally, in something that didn't sound like some alien language.

"Alright, was that all?" Of course, S.C. being S.C, wanted the entire explanation.

"You might not like this, but there was a... pink liquid on the floor."

Utter silence. A look of shock, fear and anger appeared on S.C's face. He walked over towards the small wooden chair we had, and just stared at me. With wide open pure black O's just staring at you, it made me uncomfortable as hell.

"You're lying. There's no way-"

"I swear to god I saw what I saw, and that stuff was as pink as it could be."

"Fuck." He was just angry now. S.C. shifted his gaze onto his left hand, oddly enough. 

His eyes slowly changed direction back to me, eyes closed now. Quickly, he walked over to the front door, opened it, and eyed me.

"Come on, we're going on a little expedition." S.C. suddenly said.

"Woah wait, are you sure-" 

"Why would I not be sure if I was telling you to come on and show me this cave." Oh boy.

As usual, the forest was the same as it was when I came; the grass was a dark shade of green, the trees looked healthy as ever, shrubs and bushes everywhere the eye paid its vision onto, all that natural beauty. We couldn't enjoy it though. At first, S.C. and I were going at a run, which decreased into a sprint, and now was just a fast walk. We quickly reached our destination, though. "Yep. That's the cave." I informed S.C.

He looked nervous. Along the way we had brought a small white triangle used for lighting, but that didn't seem to soothe his worry at all. "A-alright. Let's go." He quickly stuttered.

The both of us walked in, setting our gaze onto the grey creature, slowly approaching it. S.C. was very jumpy around most of the pink puddles, but otherwise he seemed fine. I set down the little triangle down, far enough from any pink that it wouldn't be affected, hopefully...

"What is that thing?" I questioned. 

"To be completely honest, I'm not sure, but it can't be anything good considering the condition of the cave-"

A smallish pink triangle began floating from where I set down our white one.

"SHIT I THOUGHT IT WAS FAR ENOUGH!" Now the both of us were sitting here, in a damp cave with all sorts of mushrooms and spiky rocks, staring at a hovering triangle, which had now made its way onto of the grey things head, just sitting here upside down.

"HEY, I THINK ITS GONNA-" I began but was cut off but the sharp sound of a jab.

Next thing S.C. and I were looking at was the grey thing, but with a triangle halfway into its head.    Also, to add onto the sight, it was pink blood starting to trail down its head.

Then it smiled. The thing only had little lines for eyes, so that made the situation even better, along with some sudden shaking.

Now S.C. was just in major protective mode, pulling me close to him and hugging me tightly as a bear. The grey creature wasn't the only one shaking, because S.C. wasn't shaking as much, but he definitely was, added onto the worried-as-hell look on his face.

The grey thing seemed to be twisting into another form, while turning pink at the same time. Then, in just a matter of literally seconds, another shape was standing right in front of us.

"Jesus Christ, finally!" The used-to-be-grey-but-now-pink-looking-demon-thing said, stretching out his arms. "Feels good to be out."

I stared at the thing in utter confusion and fear, and then he, I think it's a he, looked right. at. me. With his one, circular white eye. "Oh. One of you, isn't it?"

This new pink guy had a circle head with two little triangles under his white eye that looked like teeth, and two bigger triangles for horns on his head. There was also a pastelish pink scarf around with neck, drooping near the front. He was wearing a black leather jacket, which had little spikes and shoulder pads, and a white T-shirt with, in dark grey letters, " Badass Boss." Then it was just black pants with some weird pink looking shoes. Compare all this to my little sky-blue bandana, a darker shade of blue for a sweater with the same sky blue for a line with two small-blue squares coming out from it near the bottom. The same pants, but my shoes were a dark blue color.

Yep, the pink guy looked to be not-so friendly.