Sailing and Stress

It's been about 30 minutes since I last spoke outloud to S.C. We've both been trying to think of some sort of way to get off this island without getting killed or Corrupted. So far, nothing good has come to mind. First, I though a bridge maybe. But, how are we gonna make a bridge with two bushes? Even if we could, the next piece of land was far off. We'd need something long and sturdy. Then, maybe a boat? Again, a bush is not good for bridges or boats, sadly. So we both sat thinking, hoping for anything to come to mind. Hopefully soon something would pop in one of our heads, because we're crunched when it came to time right now.

Occasionally, a Corrupted citizen would pop out of the water. It made me extremely uncomfortable, considering these were people that I had conversations with, knew well, and helped out. And now they might be trying to kill me. Fantastic.

Something began floating towards us in the water.

I was zoned out in my thoughts, so I didn't notice it at first. But soon I saw something white in the ever so pink sea. S.C. seemed to notice it too, because he looked straight at it as it gently floated towards our island.

When the white thing finally came into grabbing distance, I reached out and, very carefully, managed to get a grip of the item. It had a cloth-like texture, and when I pulled it up it was just a small piece of what seemed to be cloth. 

"Weird." S.C. commented. I was really worried for him at this point. He was twitching a little from time to time, and kept fidgeting with his hands. And as predicted, the little corrupted spot was larger. We'd have to make it to that mountain, no matter what.

After a little bit, another white, now larger piece of cloth was visible in the water. It was about 2x large as the first one, and came a little slower. I grabbed it, pulled it up and set it aside by the first one. Are we just gonna keep getting more and more cloth pieces?

More time passed by and nothing came to mind. I asked S.C. if he'd thought of anything good, and he just simply said no and turned back to looking at the sea. But it wasn't long until something else appeared in the water.

Something far more interesting than a piece of cloth.

It was something... blue. Was it somebody, or just an buoyant pure object? Either way, I was still happy to see something that might give us some hope. As it floated towards us, I began to stand up, ready to haul up the object. 

Once it reached us, which took almost 10 minutes, I tried to bring it up. The object was heavier than anticipated. S.C, without speaking, began to help me lift it up onto the island and turn it over.

What it was gave me hope.

It was a boat. It's eye was closed. Also, I said eye because only one of them was visible, the other eye seemed to be covered with an eyepatch. Oh boy, looks like we have a pirate ship!

The boat seemed odd without sails, and I looked over at the cloth. Those were its sails! I dragged the pieces over towards the boat and tried to put them on something. There was nothing to attach the sails too.. 

But then the sails just nyoomed towards the top of the boat, the larger one floating closer towards the boat, the smaller one floating on top of the other sail.

Maybe there was enough room for two passengers - but then again, I didn't know how to work a boat.

It opened its eye once the sails adjusted themselves to a good position. It looked a bit confused, but other than that he looked to be just fine.

"Hey!" I decided to introduce myself, "I'm Cyan, do you have a name by any chance?"

That was a dumb question to ask.