What He's Suffered

"HOLY SHIT TRIANGLE UP MY ASS-" I exclaimed as a bit of the lava made contact with my foot. That stuff hurt like hell. It was only a few seconds later that I realized the statement I had just said which made matters worse. By a lot. AND it didn't help whatsoever when just suddenly S.C. burst out laughing. Mister very quiet and mentally exhausted was the person I was expecting least not to do that. I went pale as a ghost.

"WHY DO YOU... WHY THE ACTUAL.. WHAT-" His sentencing was poor because of how hard he was laughing at that point. "WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT A TRIANGLE UP THEIR ASSHOLE PLEASE EXPLAIN." He finally finished.

"I'll explain by politely telling you to shut up." I replied.

He tried to stop but a few small giggles still came out. The triangle "ice-pack" seemed to be helping him. Thank the stars.

"Okay, seriously, are you alright?" S.C. finally asked.

"Yep, kinda, still burns like the actual sun but it's fine."

All he did was just look at me with that 'yeah sure' look.

The volcano seemed pretty lonely. Besides the sizzling of lava and our footsteps, it was quiet. 

Too quiet for our comfort.

Eventually tiredness crept up on us both and slowed us down. We were only walking on the rocky terrain that wasn't too close to the pink lava below us, threatening to burn us alive. It wasn't only the walking for almost 4 hours straight part, though. It had been almost an entire day since I last woke up, same for S.C. We needed to sleep, and soon.

I began looking our for any small caverns or large holes in the walls that we could use to nap in. It only took a few minutes to spot one that looked comfortable enough for two shapes. A small cavern with a small blue mushroom lighting it up and making a soothing atmosphere for it.

Tugging on S.C's sweater, I pointed out the small cavern. "We need a break, let's go in there and pass out from exhaustion." I said.

"Wow what a great way to put sleeping, not like there's a word for it." He replied back and smiled at me. God damn I loved him and his sarcastic comments most of the times. 

We had to crouch to get inside, and it was tall enough only for sitting cross legged. Stretching and yawning was the next move. My back made a satisfying pop.

Sleeping was supposed to be next on the list, but I could tell that S.C. had something on his mind. He does this thing where he just stares at something and doesn't move. Since the mushroom was the only interesting thing, you could only guess what he was looking at.

"Hey, you good?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied quietly.

"Hey, you seemed fine earlier, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Cyan-"

"You don't have to hide shit from me anymore."

He sighed. "Just thinking about corruption and stuff, really."

"Really it's the only thing to set your mind to."

"God damn I'm still processing the fact that everyone doesn't have much free will anymore."

"Is that what it's like to be corrupted, just some mindless slave?" 

It took him a few seconds to answer. "Kind of, kind of not for some people."

"If it's alright, could you explain what it's like? I mean, you, erm, done it before so you'd know. Wait, shouldn't most people even know though?"

"Well, no, not exactly. You don't remember what you did if you go pure again. Killed somebody? You'd have no idea."