Chapter 15

Hope you like! :P
________________________________________________

Kiera’s POV

            As I left Kade sitting there, I thought about his statement. Was it Alex? Was that why I had said no?

            But even if he was the reason, I doubt I’d ever get enough guts to actually tell him, let alone make something out of it. Yeah, I could fight and kill and use my powers for anything, but I pretty much had no experience in the ‘guy’ zone.

             “Hey, um, Kiera?” a voice from behind me called. When I turned, I saw Alex. Well, a frantic looking Alex. Great, speak of the devil…

            “Yeah?” I asked. It took a second for him to catch his breath, which surprised me. Normally Alex was pretty fit. He would’ve had to run quite far or fast to actually be out of breath. Where had he been?

            “C-can we talk?” He motioned towards the bench behind us. Man, everywhere you look, there’s one of those things. Okay, now I’m just stalling.

            “Yeah, sure…” I trailed off, not meeting his eye. It was dead silent in the garden but it sure wasn’t lacking colour. Everywhere I looked- I didn’t care where that was, just not at Alex- it was bright, vibrant.

            Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alex fidgeting and I almost laughed. Alex, nervous? Never happened. He seemed to be surprising me in all kind of ways today. “So, what’s up?” I began for him. Poor guy looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

            “Well… IsortasawyouwithKadeandIreallyhavetotellyouabouthowIfeel.” I just stared at him.

            “Um… what?”                                                           

            Alex gulped, looking annoyed but I could tell he was about to crash and just leave. He could never admit to his feelings.

            Not saying he has feelings, he just… ugg, never mind. My mind was always so messed up.

            “Okay, I was kinda… watching you and Kade today…” He didn’t meet my eye.

            “You mean stalking?” I interjected, smiling. He just rolled his eyes. The wind picked up suddenly, blowing his pitch black hair to the side of his face. All that could be heard for a few seconds was the rustle of the leaves and the crunch of dirt underneath Alex’s feet as he shuffled them.

            “It wasn’t really stalking…” he tried to defend himself. “Actually, um, it made me realize something…” He trailed off and didn’t meet my eye. I patiently waited for a minute before I made an attempt to move things along, even though my own heart was pounding loudly.

            “And…?”

            “And… I’ve-Um, no, it’s, uh… Look, when I was listening, I heard you say that there was someone else and it made me realize that… that I didn’t want there to be someone else.” I didn’t dare breath in case it made Alex stop talking.

            To be honest, I was surprised that Alex was sharing  his feelings. That was rarer to hear than what he was actually saying. Not that I was complaining.

            “I really like you, Kiera. I know it’s clichéd and all, but I do… And yeah. I know it might be too late and all but I just had to…” He took a deep breath, as if it was almost paining him to say this. I was honestly surprised he’d made it this far. “Had to get that out before you did anything else.”