Chapter 7

Yes, before you guys say anything, I know it's short! I would've added on another scene but then it'd be really long.. Anyways, hope you like! :P
______________________________________________________

            “C’mon…” I heard a voice say from somewhere but I couldn’t focus. “Wake up, Kiera… I don’t exactly want to get in trouble with anyone.”

            I opened my eyes suddenly, seeing a familiar looking guy in front of me sigh in relief. Instead of getting up, I just closed my eyes again. My head felt like it had been pounded in with a sledgehammer, and that wasn’t really the best feeling in the world.

            “No no no no!” Once again the boy continuously shook me in attempt to get me to wake up.

            “Uggg…” I groaned. Opening my eyes again, I had to squint because of the bright light… and the fact that the face of the boy was directly in front of mine. It took a minute, but I was able to make my way in an up-right position so that I was facing my classmates.

            “Um… What happened?” I asked, my speech a bit slurred. Chuckles began in the room as I glared. “Guys, stop it!”  The chuckling receded and I took the boy’s hand, pulling myself up.

            “Are you okay?” he asked, his brown eyes sparkling with a mix of concern and relief. I took a moment to study him. Maybe he looked harmless, but he was still a stranger to me. And he was here, with my old classmates. Surely that wasn’t just a coincidence!

            Yet… he still helped me. If he was involved with Jared even the slightest, he wouldn’t have lifted a finger, and still he did. But why?

            “Look, I’m fine… but I would feel a whole lot better if you introduced yourself.” I smirked a bit as he grinned.

            “I only expected that much… after all, I think Kiera Jones has made a name for herself, I can’t imagine you not living up to that name.” We both laughed at that but then I sobered up, looking around. What exactly had happened? And why? Well, not really the why part. I could only assume that the class, only because it was my class, was going to be used as some sort of bait. And I probably would’ve taken it.

            “Look,” the still-unknown boy said, practically reading my mind. “Let’s go to Gabe’s and I swear, I’ll explain everything… there are some things you still don’t know that would probably be best to keep in your head.”

            “And your name?” I questioned.  He just smiled.

            “My name’s Eli and I know you don’t trust me… but Im pretty sure you came here for more than a social call. Last I heard, they were planning to take you to the same place they have Alex.”

            And that bit of information was enough for me to move and grip his neck, pushing him up against the wall. I was inches away from his face, glaring with him in front of me, flinching under my gaze.

            “How did you know that?” I demanded, not once breaking my stare. Instead of cowering away like I thought he would, he just looked a bit shocked, scared, nervous.

            “No, I-I didn’t mean it like th-that, I swear!” Stuttering, Eli seemed like a completely different person than I thought he was. At least I figured that out before.

            “Too bad you made the slip up,” I continued. “You’d’ve gotten away if you hadn’t…”     

            Furiously, he shook his head, saying, “Hear me out! I meant that I do know the inside, but I’m… I’m sort of like a spy!” He sputtered out words, none of them really making sense but I got the gist of it.