Chapter 5

Oh my gosh, I am sooooo sorry it took long again.... My aunt came for a visit from Ontario as some of you know so I didn't have much time to write then, and after that I lost my planning book... it had my outline for the whole story as well as what I was going to put in this chapter...

So yeah, I really hope you guys like it!
_____________________________________________________________

            “Please, Kiera!” Dylan was begging me. I just smirked and stood back up before quickly sitting down again so that Dylan couldn’t get away. He made a sound of annoyance before scowling. Paige was laughing in the background.

            Right now, if a random person had walked on scene, they would think I was an idiot. But Dylan stole my cookie, what else was I supposed to do? No one gets in between me and my cookies. So I did the only thing rational: I sat on him.

            And he still hadn’t given me back the cookie so I doubt that either of us were moving for a while.

            “Kiera…” Paige said uncertainly from the doorway.  “You know we have to go to school, right?” Chuckling, I nodded and let go of Dylan without another word.

            While walking past Paige, I muttered under my breath, “And that is how you scare him…” causing her to laugh as well and following me out the door.

            Oh, I missed these kind of days, believe me, but right now I could see that I would miss everything else more; the fighting, action, all that jazz. Even though it would no doubt cost me my life someday, I knew what I was doing was good. Who knew what Jared would do if the Fearies didn’t try and stop him.

            “Hey, we weren’t done! “Dylan cried, jumping up to his feet as I left the room and I  smirked. Oh, the idiot. Always falling for my tricks.

            I had to hold back a laugh as he tripped over the string I had set up as a trip wire, therefore causing him to let go of the cookie and I caught it in midair before it could fall on the floor. So many cookie deaths a year, just by landing on the floor. Who was I to not prevent one?

            “Sorry, Dyl! But we can’t be late, can we?” I called out while skipping down the stairs and putting on Paige’s converse. Thankfully Paige and I were the same size so I could… borrow her shoes anytime. She just wasn’t aware that I was borrowing them,

            But speaking of the devil, she flew down the stairs towards me, no doubt trying to get away from the stream of water from the water gun Dylan was holding. “Let’s go!” she shrieked and we opened the door, slamming it shut before Dylan could get a hit.

            By the time we were about a half a mile away from Paige’s house at a dead run, we finally slowed to a stop, panting as we did so and I tried to hold in a bubble of laughter.

            “Gosh,” I breathed out, looking at Paige with a grin on my face. Hers was identical to mine. “I haven’t laughed like that in… in months. Maybe even a year.” All she did was smile and open her mouth to say something but I never heard what she said.

            All because I blinked. And when I opened my eyes, I came face to face with prison cell bars.

            “What the-“ I began to muse but was cut off by a voice. Upon turning around-well, as much as I could in an area this size- I came face to face with another set of bars but I could see past it very much.

            “Kiera?” a familiar voice asked and finally I could see who it was. Alex.

            Messed up hair, face covered in grim and filth, and his clothes were in tatters, parts hanging limply by his side. Holding in a gasp, I walked closer in disbelief before I spoke.