Chapter 1

And we're back! Really excited to write this.. and by the way, if you haven't read the first book, From Simple To Strange, you might need to so go check it out! If you have, COMMENCE AND ENJOY! And yeah, most chapters probably aren't gonna be this long, I just couldn't stop at my normal place... :P

(Dedicated to the person above (I forget how to spell the username now...) because she made the covers for both FSTS and OOTO..... LOVE THEM!)
________________________________________________________

            My eyelids felt like they were on fire…. And I’m pretty sure that’s neither good nor normal. But then again, I’ve never been normal, have I? Nope, I’m just stuck in Crazyville.

            As soon as I opened my eyes, I was shocked with the brightness. It practically reflected off of everything I could see and I was amazed. Surrounded by complete wilderness, there was green everywhere, from the trees and grass to even the dark moss covering the rocks that lay littered around everywhere.

            Where the heck was I? Last I remember I was at Brad’s and the police had barged in… how did I get from laying on the floor unconscious to some freaky, insanely green place? Like seriously, it didn’t even look like Earth… unless it wasn’t.

            “Oh my gosh…” I mumbled as I glanced around. There was no way that someone would just pitch me here and leave. Unless I was teleported in…

            I was in the forth dimension. Alex and Luke talked about the dimensions once and I just had to take a peek in the library to find out what all the hustle and bustle was about.

I had learned a bit but it was mostly politics, who was one whose side, stuff like that. The only thing that had really interested me was the pictures. Each dimension was built for its occupants. Humans had… well, nothing of interest, Fearies had old timey stuff and things to train with, and the vampires had darkness. The werewolves? Well, they had green forests to romp around in. In fact, it looked quite a bit like the forest I was in right now.

I stood up and was surprised by the soft and cushion-like ground. It was like it had rain recently yet nothing was wet. Was it all supposed to be this weird? Maybe I could just go and ask the werewolf king if I could leave? Or was he called an Alpha?

The leaves and twigs snapped under the weight of my feet as I walked, being mindful of the branches overhead. Gosh, it was like a maze in here. A maze of green and I couldn’t even tell where I was going.

Looking up, the sun appeared to be almost directly above me. It was about twelve o’clock now, but how long would it take to get out if this mess? Gosh, I didn’t even know how I wasn’t dead.

            So I walked. And walked. And walked. I walked for what seemed like hours, the only sound in the almost dead forest being my feet on the ground and the occasional rustle of leaves in the wind.

            “Ok, that’s it!” I suddenly exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air to sit down. My mind was a whirlwind as I twisted my head in all directions, cursing as I got whiplash. Great, yet another thing to add to my fantastic victories of the day.

            The smell of pine was everywhere and it was beginning to give me a headache. Me being my boring self, I decided to see if my powers were back. Yeah, they were gone, but I was supposed to be dead and yet here I am, Isn’t that something?

            My face, to any onlooker, must’ve seemed absolutely crazy but I didn’t care as fire spread across my hand.

            “Yes!” My squeal of happiness resounded throughout the whole forest and I jumped up and down. I didn’t care what anybody thought at the moment because all I did care about was the fact that despite everything that had gone wrong in the past four months, something had finally gone my way and I was ecstatic.