Chrome's Memories

Chrome's POV

I laid on my bed, thinking over how Mukuro really looked like my childhood friend when I lived in Hatasae for a while. I turned to look at the photo we took together and nostalgic feelings started to mix up with my very first love.

"My body temperature seemed to have risen," I thought, embarrassed.

My memories of him were dim but I remember I used to call him Kuro. He had a gentle look on his face and his hair was black and it shined under the sun.

I remember we used to build sandcastles in his backyard. I often went over to play when my parents were not home. We were good friends, but our parents didn't have a good relationship.

One week after we first played together, he had to move because of his parent's jobs. I remember I was crying and sobbing madly, begging him not to go. I was dragging him back to my home, but I was weak against him.

He managed to escape my grip easily and said, "Don't cry, Chrome-chan! I'll take a picture with you so you can always remember me!" After that, we took a photo and it was the last time I saw him.

I held the frame up and stared at Kuro-kun's smiling face. I looked at the 7 year old me and laughed at how I looked when I was nearly bursting with tears.

I put the frame back onto my desk beside my bed and started to fall asleep...