the unexpected visit.

- for the ones who help us up when we don't have the strength to help ourselves

FEBRUARY 7, 2019
9:24 AM

The last few weeks of my life had been so busy they flew by. I had attended multiple table reads with Kalia and the rest of the cast. We started our month long shoot in one week and had our final dress rehearsal on Monday. Things were going really well.

And then they weren't.

Last night I had another panic attack. I was just sitting in the living room watching this random movie Zahra found on Amazon with her when a fight scene came on. The blood triggered me and my throat closed up. I began sweating and breathing heavy. Olivia flashed in my mind again. Zahra eventually helped me come down and I could never forget how worried she was.

We didn't finish the movie if that wasn't obvious. We just went to bed, Zahra sleeping with me in my room because she didn't want to leave me alone.

I woke up the next morning seeing her sleeping soundly beside me. I loved her more than anything. I really did. I didn't know of someone who loved me more than her. Cam came in a close second, but Zahra absolutely adored me. It was easy to tell. Just like it was easy to tell I spooked her to her core last night. And I hated that she had to see me in that state.

I slid out of bed, careful not to wake her before walking into the kitchen. It was much colder from under the blankets and I rubbed my bare arms to try and create some kind of heat. Wearing short cotton shorts and a tank top to bed in February was not a good idea. I adjusted the temperature on the thermostat by the fridge before opening the door and taking out the orange juice carton.

I didn't even bother to get a glass as I drunk straight from the carton. The only person in this house who drunk orange juice other than me was Zahra and what she didn't know wouldn't kill her. After taking some gulps I brought it from my lips and wiped my mouth.

I spotted my phone still sitting on the couch from last night and closed the refrigerator door before going to grab it. I saw the time and my eyes almost bulged from my head. Zahra was definitely supposed to be at school over an hour ago.

I looked back at the room, contemplating if I should go wake her up. I decided against it. After last night she needed a day off. I'm sure she was just as tired as I was. I went to my contacts and called the school, bringing the phone up to my ear as it rung.

After a few seconds the line clicked. "Freeridge High School. How may I help you?"

"Hello," I greeted. "I'm calling for Zahra Daniels. She is not feeling well today, so she'll be absent."

"Okay. I'll mark that down for her."

"Thank you. Have a great day."

"You too."