all things are become new.

- for new beginnings

SEPTEMBER 2, 2018
3:22 AM

Present day...

All I could think about as Oscar looked around the crime scene was how absolutely fucked I was. Blood was everywhere. So much stuff was broken and we were at the top of a skyscraper in the middle of downtown Los Angeles. I'm so, positively, absolutely fucked.

I was sitting on one of the couches shaking like a leaf in the wind as Oscar looked at the damage. I refused to cry again, though. I couldn't be weak. Being weak get's you nowhere. I had to be strong. And strong is handling my shit.

"I'm gonna call some of the guys," Oscar spoke up, pulling me out of my reverie. I looked over at him, trying not to focus on the dead body at his feet. "Go home and clean yourself up. We'll handle it."

I shook my head, standing up and facing him. "No way. I'm staying. I'm helping."

He sighed, exasperatedly. "Ramona, I'm not in the mood for your 'I wanna be included!' whining," he complained, mocking my voice as he bent down to poke a stain of blood in the carpet.

"That's not what this is!" I defended, offended by his words.

He chuckled, disbelievingly, his concentration still on the blood, "What the fuck is it then?"

"Oh, I don't know? Maybe because the last time I left you to clean up my mess you ended up in prison!" I yelled, stepping towards him.

"That wasn't the reason why and you know that," he said, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah? Well its gonna be the reason this time because I don't know if you noticed, but this is gonna be much more difficult than getting a dead body out of a party where everyone there is almost blacked out," I said, angrily. "We're at the top of a skyscraper, in the middle of downtown LA. Witnesses are everywhere! And non to mention the blood stains and broken shit in here! No, I'm not leaving you to do this alone. You won't be careful enough."

"Fine! What do you suppose we do then, Mona?" he asked, finally looking up at me. "Since you wanna be included and not listen to the guy who has done this hundreds of times. Please, tell me what your plan is!"

I closed my eyes and took a breath before looking at him. "First," I started. "We clean. I think I know where the supply closet is. I'll get dish soap to get the stains out. We clean up all the broken glass, throw away anything that can't be salvaged and then put everything back to how it was. We use bleach to wipe down everything  - including the murder weapon. Second, we get the body out of here unseen. How we're gonna do that, I haven't thought of yet, but I will. Third, we do what we need to do to him and the weapon to make sure no one finds either ever again."