no man's land.

- for the ones who always believe in us

AUGUST 21, 2018
2:43 PM

After years of sitting in Oscar's yard doing nothing but drinking and smoking I felt as if I should've been bored of it.

But I wasn't.

After all this time, I loved sitting on the couch next to him and engaging in the brainless conversations him and his homies have. Even if sometimes those brainless conversations turned into screaming and threats.

"You still on that girl, man?" Taro asked from beside me on the couch, bringing the forty to his lips.

"Ima get her this week. Watch," Julio proclaimed, confidently from his seat on one of the crates. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. "Don't know why she being so difficult. Usually the white ones are the easiest to get," he shrugged.
He turned his attention towards me, nodding his head in my direction, "Aye, Ramona. Why she being like that?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" I scoffed, laying my head on my hand that was being propped up from the armrest of the couch. If he says some stupid 'girls are connected by the mind' type shit there's a big possibility I'll pop him in the mouth. I wasn't in the mood for his - or anyone's - stupidity today.

The sound of Oscar's grunts filled my ear. I glanced at him as he lifted weights from beside the couch, not paying attention to Julio's girl problems. I looked back at the advice seeking cholo.

"I mean, you both white. You gotta know something bout why she not getting with me."

I didn't even attempt to comment on how dumb he sounded before I hopped out of my seat. I lunged for him, but arms wrapping around my waist kept me back. Julio put his hands up and the surrounding Santos members busted out laughing, whistling and barking at me.

I kept thrashing and kicking at what I knew were Oscar's arms and legs. He pulled me back so we were behind the couch, but I kept swinging and trying to wiggle out of his grip. "I'm not white! Watch who you're talking- Oscar put me down!"

"He didn't know, Mona! Chill out!" Oscar yelled, gripping my waist tighter as I tried to pry his hands off my body. Which was quite ironic since most of the time I was begging him to put them on my body.

"Mona's acting psycho! Rápido! Someone get your phone and record this. Or don't, since this shit happens every fucking day," Christian joked from the porch.

"How about you keep that same energy when Hulk over here isn't holding me back!" I yelled, angrily. I gave up on trying to get out of Oscar's grip. He was too strong. Him sitting here lifting weights all day was really working for his ass.