vengeance versus justice.

- for the ones whose time ran out

NOVEMBER 13, 2013
11:23 AM

The flash went off, making me blink and Cam lowered my phone to look at the picture. I unwrapped my arms from Malik and ran up to her to look at it.

"We look so cute!" I gushed, looking at the photo of us smiling.

He walked over and looked down at it, a smile on his face. "Let me guess, it's going in your scrapbook?"

"It sure is."

"Just make sure I get a copy," he laughed.

"Deal," I nodded.

"I'll catch you guys later. I gotta get to science," Cam said, handing me my phone back and I took it, tucking it in my gym shorts.

"Yeah, we gotta get to gym. See you at lunch?" I asked, beginning to walk backwards towards the gym.

She nodded. "Hell yeah. Bye guys."

"Bye!" we both waved before turning around and continuing towards our class.

"Hey, you still coming to my house after school to help put the entertainment system together?" I questioned as we turned to walk down the stairs.

"Of course," he answered. "I wouldn't leave you guys hanging. Plus, your mom would literally kill me if I didn't show up tonight."

I laughed, but nodded. "Yeah, you're right. She's still mad about you skipping out on dinner last week."

"I already know I'm finna hear it as soon as I walk in," he sighed.

"Shouldn't have skipped out on dinner, bro," I shrugged and he playfully pushed me. I laughed as we weaved in and out of the students walking and talking in the hallway.

"Hey, I have a serious question," he said, looking down at me as we approached the gym doors. I stopped in front of him, looking up with furrowed eyebrows.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked, becoming worried. Malik was never serious, so whenever he was, I knew it was something important.

He tilted his head to the side as he looked at me, curiously. "Do you think that pink hair dye seeps past your skull and into your brain?"

A smile made its way back onto my lips and I rolled my eyes. Like I said - Malik was never serious.

"Fuck off!" I laughed, putting my hands on his chest and pushing him.

He stumbled back into the hallways and ran into a face I had seen before - a face everyone knew. Oscar Diaz was knocked back as Malik ran into him. My eyes widened and my hand flew over my mouth as Malik turned around to face him. Oscar looked over at us, unbothered.