what you deserve.

- for the sacrifices we make to get where we want to be

AUGUST 22, 2018
10:37 PM

I set up an appointment to meet Michael as soon as I left the park. It was set for tomorrow afternoon and I was so excited. Things were finally looking up for me. The devil on my shoulder sometimes made me think I wasn't or that I wasn't good enough for it, but I knew that was wrong. I just had to keep repeating it to myself.

I deserved this.

I deserved this.

I deserved this.

I wanted to talk to Zahra about it, so I made my way to her room. She always knew the right thing to say when I got too into my head about things. To be fourteen, the girl was very mature and insightful.

I walked a few steps down the hall to her room and saw her laying on her back staring at the ceiling, occupied in thought. I knocked on the door even though it was cracked and when she yelled for whoever it was to go away I pushed the door all way open and walked in.

"Ramona! I said to leave, what the hell?" she shrieked, sitting up to look at me.

I walked on the other side of her bed and laid next to her, putting my hands behind my head and looking up at her. "I heard you and I chose to ignore it."

"What was the point of knocking if you were going to come in anyways?" she questioned, crossing her arms.

"I was trying to be courteous," I answered. "Trying being the key word."

She huffed in annoyance before falling back on the bed. I looked at her and crinkled my eyebrows. "What's got you in such a bad mood?"

She sighed. "Nothing."

"You're really going to lie to me like that?"

"God, a girl just can't be having a bad day?!" she snapped, looking at me.

My eyes widened and so did hers as she covered her mouth. "I'm so sorry."

Zahra rarely ever raised her voice at me. If she was mad at me she would just ignore me until I annoyed her enough into smiling and forgiving me. If she was that upset to the point of actually yelling at me then something was really wrong.

"Okay, what the hell is going on? You can tell me anything, RaRa. You know this," I said, sitting up and facing her.

God, please tell me she's not pregnant because I could not deal with that shit.

She shook her head. "It's nothing. It's just a stupid kid thing that'll blow over."

"I don't believe you. Tell me," I pushed, not letting up. She was about to come up with another stupid excuse, so I said something that would force her to tell me. "Sister Pact."