♡ vingt-huit ♡

Jacob and Troye stayed with the babies for as long as the nurse let them, which was about the time span of an hour. The Dom simply stroked the soft fuzz of their little heads and listened to Troye ramble on to them, his voice soft and enamored. "We didn't even get your room painted yet Little Fuzzies, or set up for that matter," the boy cooed. "But um... sir, will we have it set up by the time they come home?" "Mhmm," Jacob agreed. "They'll have a place ready for them when they get to come home."

Troye tilted his head, examining Blaine while Jacob held a pinky up to Brielle's foot, in awe at the fact that his littlest finger was twice the size of his baby girl's foot. The sub touched the back of his neck in confusion however, pushing at his collar a little, "They don't have... their Dom or sub markings, those aren't there?" "They fade in," Jacob frowned. "You can kind of see the start of them, the swirls. They just aren't colored yet. We'll know soon enough. Until then, we might have to get your tutor back in fairly quickly if you've already forgotten these things." "And our babies?" "I can take care of our babies while you learn," Jacob chuckled.

"They're much more interesting than my emails." Troye cracked a small smile, his heart swelling for both his babies and his Dom. But then their baby boy woke up extremely unhappy, squirming weakly with his little arms hitting his tubes, and the nurse quickly and nervously asked them to leave. "You can come back in two hours, but we do need a bit of time to work and make sure they're receiving everything they need," she explained. And so it was with a heavy heart that Jacob wheeled Troye away, having to be helped by another nurse so that Troye's IV pole wouldn't tip. As Jacob helped Troye move onto the bed, the nurse had him lean forward so she could remove Troye's epidural. She gave Troye two little pills in replacement for his pain control and told him to call if they needed to up his dosage. Troye didn't seem to care much about his pain, simply playing with the scratchy hospital blanket.

Before Jacob even got the chance to talk to the boy, Dr. Gianni entered the room with some sort of folder in his hands. "Mr. Bixenman and Mr. Mellet, we've got a little bit more paperwork for you to fill out," he said. "Although I understand this is probably the last thing you want right now. However, I have also received you a copy of some of our records, basically something parents like to put in baby books or other things like them. It just has the birth date, time, weight, and measurements for the babies as well as their little footprint ink stamps.

Troye instantly thrust his hand out eagerly for the folder, and the man lifted an eyebrow as he looked to Jacob. Jacob took the paperwork but simply motioned for the doctor to hand over the folder with their babies' information to Troye. Troye was the one who had been received the worst end of things, had wanted these babies for so long, so Jacob figured Troye should get to see the folder if he wanted the folder.

He did sit next to him, though, to look himself. Female 1:45p.m 2.11 LBS 13.3 IN 1 Brown Hair Blue Eyes Male 1:49p.m 3.1 LBS 14.1 IN 4 Brown Hair Brown Eyes At the bottom of each identification column was their babies' tiny little footprints, and Troye lightly touched both ink marks with his fingertips. "When will I be able to hold them?" Troye whispered. "As soon as they're breathing, eating, and managing their own body heat,"

Dr. Gianni assured. "Until then we of course will allow you to visit. Being an NICU hospital we have rooms made for parents who aren't quite willing to leave their babies just yet, but Troye based on how well you're up and moving around soon will tell us how soon you can go home. I estimate in a day or two, maybe three or four tops. Also, I've given you the forms to apply for their birth certificates. We'll send those in for you, and I'm sure they'll be completed and returned to us for our records so you could just pick them up here if you would like?"

Jacob simply hummed in agreement, but he pulled his phone out once more to find that it was already nearly 8pm and that he had an even greater number of missed calls than before. Tommy and Luke would most likely be wondering where they were, and he suspected that it was them. But upon scrolling through his call log, he found that he had calls from both Tommy, Luke, Shaun, and even Laurelle had called him. His nose scrunched, and as soon as he had mumbled his thanks to Dr. Gianni and waited for the man to leave the room, he moved closer to the hospital room's window, setting the clipboard and paperwork down in a nearby chair, and called Shaun first.