♡ dix-huit ♡

"The court date is tomorrow," Tommy said, looking down at the paper that he had gotten in the mail. "Are you going to go?" Luke asked, looking over the rim of his cup as he took a drink. They were at the dinner table for lunch, Troye and Jacob were supposed to join them but were late for some reason. "I don't know," the blonde said, staring at his... old Dom's name. He was sure, almost 100%, that he was going to be reassigned. "I know Jacob and Troye aren't going," Luke said softly.

"Troye is still unwell when it comes to the subject, and Jacob is trying to avoid committing murder." "I love him," Tommy said suddenly, rubbing his hands over his face. His Dom, someone he'd been with for years, was going to go to prison. For sure, there was no denying it. Tommy would be reassigned and who knew where in the world he would be relocated to? Who knew what kind of Dom he would be under? "You love him or the person you thought he was?" The kind Dom questioned gently. Pushing Tommy too far right now was the exact opposite of what he needed. "Where's Jacob and Troye?" Tommy asked, avoiding the question. "I think I heard them in Jacob's office earlier," Luke sighed, but then he smirked a little. "Troye is loud." Tommy cracked a small smile as well, "I don't think they've ever used their playroom. But as long as Troye is okay, then I guess it's not my business."

"He's getting better," Luke assured. "Slowly, but that's applicable with what he's gone through. Jacob helps him loads, he needs Jacob." At that moment, the two came down the steps together. The older man had his arm curled around Troye's waist, looking somewhat smug. Troye looked a bit disheveled, rumpled clothes, rumpled hair, and glassy eyes. His lips were puffy and his face flushed. He certainly looked like he had been ravished. Almost immediately, for Troye's sake,

Tommy and Luke dropped their conversation of Brandon. Tommy did, however, slip Jacob the paper as the Dom sat Troye down in a chair. Jacob went from content to tense shouldered almost immediately, the man's face darkening. He simply shook his head, offering the paper back to Tommy as Troye looked up at his Dom with wide and confused eyes. "No thanks," Jacob said simply, sitting himself down next to Troye and placing his hand onto Troye's thigh. Troye shivered a little, and Tommy was fairly certain that the younger boy either had been or still was in subspace. He just seemed to be a little lost, and Jacob was soft and gentle as he moved and touched Troye. It made Tommy's chest ache a little, because he didn't have that anymore. Then again, he hadn't had it for a long time. With Brandon he had ended up subdropping more often than not.

"Hello lads," Luke murmured, and Jacob gave him a slight smile. "Alright, pet?" Jacob asked Troye softly. The younger boy nodded, and Jacob kissed his temple. "Good." Tommy examined the small boy, eager to talk to him, but Troye was sitting quietly and very still despite leaning towards Jacob. The blonde figured he should make sure Troye was allowed to speak, Brandon had always made Tommy wait for permission as well, "Can I talk to him?" "Of course," Jacob's brow furrowed in confusion. Tommy smiled at Troye then. The boy was directly across the table from him, and Tommy reached out to pat the hand Troye had resting atop the oak surface, "If Jacob agrees, do you want to watch another movie later?" For several moments, Troye was quiet, as if he was trying to process Tommy's words. Eventually he nodded,

"If he's there too." "I'll be there," Jacob assured, rubbing Troye's back gently. The younger boy shivered again, and Jacob stood and kissed his cheek. "Stay right here pet, hmm? I'll be back quickly, I'm just going to get you some warm tea and a blanket." Troye looked a bit lost as Jacob walked off, but Tommy grabbed his attention again, "He cares so much for you, you all are very good for each other." Troye blinked, but then he cracked a small smile, "I love him." Before Tommy could respond, Jacob was back with a warm blanket that he draped over Troye's shoulders and tucked around him, and the cook brought out a large tray of food as well as some warm tea for Troye. Jacob slid the boy his mug, kissing the top of his head, "No sugar, just how you like it." Tommy's heart broke a little bit more, because he knew what it was like to love someone so much that you'd do anything for them.