Chapter 20

A M Y

"My Dad was one of the best persons I've ever met." I started up my speech. "He was the kind of Dad that would pull pranks on everyone around him, but get pissed when people pulled pranks at him. When my brothers and I were little, we used to pull pranks on each other all the time, and that was all because of Dad. We used to have it so fun together, and things like that is memories for life." I paused. "I remember once when I was sick, and Dad stayed home with me. I kept throwing up all the time, but Dad somehow always found a way to keep me smiling. He could make everyone around him to smile, and that's something I've always been jealous of. He was such a wonderful man, and he shouldn't have had to die this way. I love my Dad, and I know that he loves me." Everyody clapped as I walked back to my seat between Mum and Niall. I already had tears running down my cheeks.

"That was beautiful." Niall whispered in my ear. I smiled a weak smile at him before looking forwards again wanting this funeral to be over.

_________________________________

"I'm gonna pick up Darcy from the daycare. Wanna come with me?" I asked Niall as the funeral was done.

"I'll only come if we drive. I don't wanna walk all the way to the daycare with crutches." He replied.

"Don't worry. We drove here, so I have a car." I said. We headed over to the car and sat in it.

"Your make up looks terrible." Niall said and chuckled when we had sat in the car.

"I know." I said and sighed. "I can't go to the daycare like this. The kids will think that I'm a witch." I found a tissue in my purse and started cleaning my face.

"They won't think you're a witch. They'll just think you're dressing up for halloween." Niall said and smiled an innocent smile. I playfully glared at him before starting the engine and driving towards the daycare.

"Is your foot hurting?" I asked.

"Nothing hurts as long I'm with you." He replied. I could feel myself blush. "I love making you blush. You're cute when you blush."

"I wonder if Darcy will end up being as cliche as you."

"Girls are never as cliche as boys." He said. "But if we get a boy, then I'll teach him how to be cliche."

"And who says we're gonna have another kid?" I asked. He didn't reply after that. He just looked down in his lap while fiddling with his fingers. "I was just kidding, Niall. Don't take everything too serious."

"Pfft, I knew that. I was just acting." He said. I heard it in his voice that he was lying.

"Don't even dare lying to me." I said. "You'll have to pay for it later."

"And what will be the price?"

"You won't get any kisses." I replied and gave him a sly smile. His eyes widened and he shook his head.

"Don't take my kisses! Take anything else, just not my kisses!"

"You have to pay the price, Niall." I said as I pulled up in the driveway of the daycare. We got out of the car and headed inside. Niall used extra long time because of his crutches, though.

"I hate crutches." He muttered.

"You just have to get used to them." I said and held the door open for him. He headed inside and I followed him.

"But it's so tiring using them!" He complained.

"If you complain one more time then it won't be any kisses for you the rest of the day."