Chapter 12

*Niall's POV*

Our kiss might have only lasted a few seconds but it was perfect to me. It was just magical, until Harry came running around the corner of the house with Louis on his tail. Leave it to those two to ruin a nice moment.

Harry jumped onto the porch and rammed into the back of Sierra. We both fell backwards and she landed on top of me. Her face turned bright red, which was sort of adorable.

"Did we interrupt something?" I looked up at Harry, who was grinning like a fool. Louis was standing at the bottom of the steps, with a shocked look on his face. Sierra got up and still had that bright red color on her face. I stood up and draped my arm around her.

"Yes, you were Harry." I glared at him.

"Liam wanted to let you know that you got to get to bed early tonight." said Louis. We never went to bed early so this means we must be getting up early.

"Why?"

"Cause we are going to the rodeo tomorrow." Sierra spoke up, she had a sparkle in her warm, chocolate brown eyes.

"Yay! Rodeo!" Harry and Louis started shouting and ran back to their cabin.

I looked over at Sierra and smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" She nodded and I gave her a kiss on the forehead. I walked off the porch and followed the boys back to the cabin.

*Sierra's POV*

The next morning was chaos. We all woke up late because the power got knocked out last night. I ran a brush through my hair and beat my brothers to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth real fast. The clothes that I had set out last night were laying next to my small duffel bag so I slipped on my old faded jeans and a dark grey tank.

Mom had made us all some toast so I grabbed a piece and bolted out the door. My Dad had already hooked up the trailers to Austyn's and Ty's trucks and was putting all the tack in the small tack rooms that were in the trailers. All the horses that we were taking were inside the barn. The boys came rushing out of the house and into the barn to get their horses ready.

"Hi, daddy." I smiled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Morning, sweetheart. Excited?"

"Yeah, but we'll win." I said confidently as I started helping him load the saddles and grooming supplies. Once it was all loaded I headed into the barn to see that one of the boys had already put the leg bandages and bell boots on Red. I snapped the lead rope onto his halter and lead him out to the trailer. Dad took him and tied him up inside.

All of a sudden there was an ear splitting scream from one of the cabins. The new girl came stomping out of her cabin. Her hair looked like she had stuck her finger in an electrical socket.

"What happened to the power?!" She screeched and I had to admit I was laughing pretty hard. She stalked over to us and crossed her arms.

She saw me and sent me a glare but that didn't scare me. This girl was like one of those small yappy dogs that you just wanna put a muzzle on and through outside.

"The power got knocked out last night but it should be on soon." My dad said politely. I honestly don't know how he could be nice to this girl when all she was doing was being rude.

"It better be." She snapped and went to turn on her heel when she slammed into Zayn who was standing behind her. Her eyes widened and she let out another little shriek and ran back into her cabin.

"Good morning." They all chorused at the same time.

"Good morning, you guys." I glanced down at my watch and it was 9:15 now.

"Alright, lets get a move on!" shouted Austyn.

"Good luck, sweetie." Dad said as he came over and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Y'all be safe, okay?" he said to all of us.

"Yes, sir." My brothers and I chorused together.

Liam took shotgun in my truck and all the boys piled into the back.

"Alright, y'all, lets go!" I smiled and started the truck.

_______________________________________________________________

We arrived at the fairgrounds and we weren't that late. Tommy went and checked us all in and brought us back our class schedules and other information. All the horses were unloaded and put in their stalls and the tack was already cleaned, so I decided to go check-out the competition.

Some of the girls were already working their horses, even though Barrel- Racing wasn't for another four hours. I'm not trying to be mean, but they didn't look like much competition. A little girl on a small palomino was trying to get her horse to canter but he just stayed at a steady trot. She kept kicking at him but he kept plodding along. I felt kinda bad for her, she would never place if she didn't learn to get that horse going. Maybe I should help her.

"Hey," I called out to the girl. She halted the stubborn little horse and walked over to where I was standing on the rail. Her face was a mask of worry, like she thought I would yell at her. So I gave a smile and introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Sierra. What's you name?"

"Beth."

"Well, Beth, I saw you were having a hard time with this stubborn old mule, now weren't ya?"

She nodded and started to study the horn on her saddle.

"Well, I'm here to help ya." Her face lit up so I climbed over the fence and stood beside her. "Now, you're gonna need to show him who's boss OK?" She nodded and reached up to adjust her helmet.

"Alright, get him going into that trot and then kick him, OK? You can't hurt him much."

She got him into a fast trot but that's as fast as he would go for her.

"Now give him a kick, Beth! I know you can do it!" I yelled across the ring to her. She lifted her boots from his sides and brought them back down in one big kick. The little horse flicked back his ears and switched his tail but went into a lope. Beth had a huge grin plastered across her face and I smiled to myself.

She slowed him down after she had made a couple of laps and vaulted off his back. Her small arms were flung around my waist.

"Thank you, Ms. Sierra." she muttered into my shirt. I returned the hug and then she pulled away. There was that sparkle in her eyes that every little cowgirl had after she accomplished something.

"Your welcome, sweetheart. Good luck tonight." I said and she smiled up at me and went back over to her horse. They both walked out of the arena, side by side, and I saw what my mom saw when I was young. A young girl that fell in love with the country life and would never give that up. 

_______________________________________________

Alright you guys, I need ideas!!! Message me what you think should happen next and sorry its so short and sucky. I wanted to get this up for a reward for getting over 100 reads in like a day!! Thanks, you guys, y'all rock! Vote, Comment, and Fan!