Chapter 9

*Niall's POV*

When she walked out of that house in those tiny shorts, I swear I thought I saw Harry start to drool. She didn't notice and kept walking our way. We were going to have to beat the boys off with a stick. Once she put the truck in park, all the boys rushed out. Knowing them. they wanted to leave Sierra and I alone. They kept going on and on about how I fancied her so much. Which. truth be told, I did fancy her. Quite a bit.

Once I helped her out of the truck. I kept my arm around her waist. She fit perfectly into my side and she was the perfect height for her to rest her head on my shoulder. Her boots suffled the ground and she let out a sigh. Perfume wafted up from her neck to my nose. She smelled like the wild flowers that grew out here. God, am I falling for her? She couldn't possibly like me, she had all the boys falling at her feet so why would she pick me?

"Niall?"

I looked down into her huge brown eyes and I melted. "Yes?"

"Would you, maybe, like to go on a trail ride tomorrow? W-with me? I mean you don't have to I was ju-" she kept rambling on, so I shut her up. I kissed her on the lips. OK, this might be cheesy, but I swear fireworks went off. The kiss only lasted a few seconds but it was enough time for people to notice. When I looked at her, her cheeks were flushed a bright red color. She continued to study her boots.

"Sierra?"

"Hmm?"

"Look at me." I hooked my finger under her chin and made her look at me. I have to tell her how I feel. If I don't, then I never will. "Sierra, I have to tell you something." Those chocolate brown eyes widened. "I think that I-"

"Sierra!" yelled a man's voice from behind me. We both turned around and saw a huge guy about my age with the normal country gear on. Which was a cowboy hat, t-shirt, jeans, and cowboy boots. Her eyes lit up when she saw this guy. Who the hell is he?

"Josh!" she squealed as she ran over into his arms. Well, apparently his name was Josh. He wrapped his arms around her and at that moment I wanted to rip this guy to shreds. So I just walked away. If I stayed then things would turn bad fast. I didn't know where I was going but I needed away from there.

*Sierra's POV*

Once I pulled out of Josh's hug, I turned around to introduce him to Niall but he wasn't there. I was actually kinda glad Josh had spotted me because I was nervous about what Niall was going to say to me.

"How are you?" I asked. Josh is Austyn's best friend but he was more like a big brother to me. He watches out for me and protects me, just like my brothers. He had light brown hair and hazel eyes and it was pretty easy to see why all the girls liked him, plus he had a great sense of humor.

"Good, I guess."

"You guess?"

"Well, I just broke up with my girlfriend. Said I didn't pay enough attention to her." He had been dating a girl from New York for awhile but she was a total snob. A dumb blond that was afraid of horses and dirt.

"Good, you can do way better than her, anyways."

"Thanks." He smiled down at me and slung his arm over my shoulders again. I always felt so comfortable with him because I grew up with him. "Where are your brothers?"

"They're probably on their way now." But he wasn't paying attention. He was too busy looking at a group of girls across the yard. I knew them from school and they were all really nice and smart. "Just go talk to them!"

"Huh?"

"Those girls you're staring at, genius."

"But I don't know them! I ain't just gonna walk over there and start talkin' to 'em!"

"Just follow me and you'll be fine." I lead him over there but when we got within 5 feet I gave him a giant shove in the girl's direction and took off. There was a thud and then I heard Josh yelling but I didn't really care. He needed to talk to them and if that meant that he would be mad at me for a few days then so be it.

I finally got into the barn and saw Rachael on the dance floor with Harry, of all people. My jaw just dropped at that moment. Rachael can flirt with people sometimes but she can also be really shy, so how the hell does she end up with Harry?

There is gonna have to be a questioning time later. You see, whenever the Wilk's through a party it's huge and usually doesn't end until early in the morning. So, in the morning I usually come over and help clean up. I'll just have to interrogate her then.

My stomach growled loudly so I headed over to the buffet to fill a plate. And who do you think I would find there? Take a wild guess. If you guessed Niall you would be partially right. But if you guessed Niall and the school skank, Regina, sucking face, you would be right.

She had her hands all through his hair and was giggling like she had taken some laughin' gas.

Regina was the definition of the popular, mean cheerleader with the snarky comments and bleached blond hair that I'm sure was responsible for killing the last few brain cells the girl had. She was always mean to my friends and me because we weren't fake like her and her followers.

Jealousy bubbled in the pit of my stomach. That girl had no right to be all over sweet Niall. He had no idea what that girl could do. She was a user and once she got what she wanted she would dump 'em. She ruined kid's lives that didn't have the back bone to stand up to her. I was not just gonna stand by and watch her weasel her way into Niall's life.

So I did what any girl would do. I stomped over and grabbed a fistful of her bottle blond hair and yanked her right off of him. She fell back on her butt and everyone around me burst into laughter. But I didn't think it was one bit funny. I was gonna put this girl in her place, once and for all.

"What do you think you're doing, you little b****?" She tried to roar at me but it came out more like a squeal. I burst out laughing and I almost didn't see her hot pink nails come flying towards my face. She missed by an inch or so and stumbled to the side. It was obvious she had had a more than a few drinks tonight.

I lunged for her and tackled her to the ground. She managed to punch me once in the shoulder but that was it. I got about 5 good punches in before somebody pulled me off of her.

"Let me go!" I yelled at whoever was holding me back.

"Sierra, calm down. I think you hit her enough." replied a calm voice that I instantly recognized. It was Rachael's brother, Kyle. He un-wrapped his arms from around my waist when he saw I was calm but still stayed next to me.

"You're gonna regret this!" she shouted as a few of her 'friends' helped her up. Her nose was bloodied and I'm sure she was gonna have two black eyes in the morning.

I smirked at her and crossed my arms. "No. I won't regret this." And I gave her one last punch in the stomach and turned to Niall. His mouth hung open and his eyes were the size of dinner plates. I'm sure he probably hated me for this but I didn't really care right now.

"Find the other boys and meet me at my truck." I said as I turned to storm out of the barn. People created a path through the crowd that had gathered around us. They just didn't want to be on the receiving end of my blows.

This night was just so messed up.