~My Buddy~ Pouncer x Reader

(THE LONG AWAITED YET UNEXPECTED SEQUEL TO THE ~PLAYFUL~ ONESHOT IS HERE.)
(A/N: I bet your pet Pouncer misses you :3)

You yawned as you sat on your bed. You were sent back to your village, not needing to help clear out any more Swarm today.

It was night, stars glistened in the pitch black sky. It was silent and slightly calming. Everything was alright except for one thing.

You couldn't sleep- It was one of those nights. You sat up and walked to the book shelf in your room. You had several books that you would read if it was late at night. It just seemed to help you sleep.

Moonlight trickled into the room, illuminating your bed and book case. You picked out your favorite book from your book case and made your way back to the bed.

Quietly you turned on the lamp, looking at your closet where you kept the COG armor JD's dad gave you. You then remembered the Pouncer from that Swarm invasion.

"I wonder how (P/N) is doing anyway...." You ponder as you open your book, flicking to the first page. You then shrugged it off. It was just a one time thing, you haven't seen that Pouncer in over a year now. You doubt it remembered you or if it was even alive.

Although, that last thought made you kind of sad. You hoped other squads didn't kill it...And you hoped it didn't forget you. But, what's in the past stays in the past.

You were reading your book intently when you heard a sound. A thunk near your window. Maybe it was just the wind blowing something at your window. You believed yourself when you that, until another thunk hit.

Maybe you did need to investigate. You quietly closed your book, turned off your lamp, and slipped out your covers towards the window. As you got closer you could have sworn you saw a quadruped creature. It seemed it was glowing a red color also.

You peaked out your window, only to be met with shock. In the middle of your village was a Pouncer, sniffing around with it's tail wagging. It looked like it was looking for something. Was this (P/N)? Could it truly be? You shook your head, it couldn't be. But it's weird for a Pouncer to be alone and not with any other swarm-

To be safe, you went to your drawer and took out an old Boltok pistol. You popped some ammo in it and opened your bedroom door. You learned from JD, Kait, and Del that it was important to stay ready for swarm or any other threat.

You sneaked down to your front door, gripping your Boltok tightly. If it decided to turn hostile, you had some sort of diversion. With a creak, the door was open.

You kept your eyes on the Pouncer as you moved yourself to a stack of wood. It was hard to tell if this was (P/N), because if you were wrong, you could very well end up dead. You stiffened as you saw the Pouncer sniff the air, then leap towards the pile of wood.

You heard it make the usual squeaking sounds a Pouncer makes, before making a confused growl. The Pouncer was just on the other side of the pile, you couldn't tell if you should make yourself known or not. That is until the Pouncer made the decision for you and knocked the pile of wood on top of you.

"Argh-!" You groan as some wood pinned you to the ground. You carefully watched as the Pouncer stared at you with those same old yellow eyes, it's stomach glowing a bright red. You closed your eyes as it walked over, sniffing you softly.

You gasp when it licks your face just like that day. It was (P/N)! Your beloved Pouncer companion was alive and well, And it came back to see you!

"H-Hey buddy-" You giggle, smiling. "Could you maybe get this wood off of me?" The Pouncer squeaked before pushing the wood off of you and crouching next to you. You sigh, relieved you were no longer pinned. You then stood up and patted (P/N) on its head.

"Alright, (P/N). Now that I know it's you and you did in fact come back to see me, let's get you in my house. If we are out in the open people will see and freak out." You explain as you started walking back to your house. As you guessed, Your little (P/N) followed you in.

You giggle as you watch (P/N) squeak excitedly before darting into your room, jumping on your bed. You entered you room shortly after, only to be met with (P/N) pawing at your favorite book. You tilt your head in confusion as (P/N) sniff your book and looks at you.

"You...Want me to read to you???" You question (P/N) as it squeaks and sits at the foot of the bed. "I suppose I could...."

You close the door to your room and walk to your bed once again. You then hopped in and got under the covers, flicking the lamp on once again while grabbing the book.

You watched as (P/N) crawled up by your side, watching you with curious yellow eyes. You smile, pet (P/N), and proceeded to read aloud.

You read your book for a long time through out the night, (P/N) listening carefully. Soon, you got tired and yawned. You closed your book and set it on your nightstand.

"I think that was enough reading for tonight. How was it (P/N)-" You look over at your companion, only to see they fell asleep next to you. You smile softly and turn off the lamp, curling up next to it.

Maybe it was a good idea you stayed up tonight.

(A/N: How'd you like your happy reunion with (P/N)? :) )