Dancing With Angels~Dom x Daughter! Reader

(R.I.P my boy Dom...You were one of my favs ;w;
Also! This was requested by ZumbaMasta92
Enjoy~)

(Y/N) Santiago was the daughter of Dominic and Maria Santiago. She never knew the definition if 'careful'. She had joined the COG military once she was 18 to join her father for the sake of her home planet, Much to her mother's dismay.

Her poor father always had to watch over her after that. She always did the most dangerous things. She would always tease a Berserker whenever they fought one, Always run circles around a Boomer before shooting it in the face with a Gnasher, and she even tried to ride an enemy Brumak once!

Of course all these times, Dom had to save her to make sure she didn't get hurt. Sometimes he got hurt himself. Although he would try his hardest to protect his little angel. His wife would want him too.

Today was one of the many days where Dom had a mission with his daughter, Cole, Marcus and Baird. Dom sighed when he realized that it would be another day when his daughter would be trying to get herself killed on accident. Dom watched as his daughter walked up to him, smiling.

"Dad, Just wait until you see the new tricks I came up with today! The locusts definitely won't see this coming~" You laughed as you patted your dad on the shoulder. Dom gave a worried smile before clearing his throat.

"Just...be careful. Please...." Dom uttered as you froze for a moment,  looking at your father's face. He seemed worried for you, you could see it in his eyes. It almost made you...sad.

"I-I...Sure dad- I will." You promise as you hug your dad comfortingly. Dom hugged back before letting you go, smiling before everyone headed out to the mission.

This time you would be more careful, you would take things at a distance. Maybe this way you could remove some stress from your father. You were ducked under cover, Using a long shot to snipe some enemies away from your father and his teammates. You barely use longshots so this was a new experience. God, you were used to using lancers and their chainsaw bayonets.

"(Y/N)! WATCH BEHIND YOU!" You heard the familiar voice of your father as you lowered your longshot and turned around to see a locust, Their chainsaw bayonet raised above their head an revving. You squeaked as you rolled out of the way, the chainsaw scrapping your side and arm causing bad bleeding.

You screamed at the pain as you watched with blurry eyes the silhouette of your father shoot down the locust to the ground then smashed it's head. He ran too you as his teammates covered him to examine your injured body.

"Oh shit...Those wounds aren't looking so well..." Dom murmured as he examined your side and arm. "I hope they didn't knick an artery or something vital- MARCUS, SHE'S INJURED. GET MEDICS, NOW!"

You smiled weakly at your father, he really cared about you. What annoyed you, through out your pain, was even when you tried to be careful you still broke your promise of not being hurt. Maybe you shouldn't have tried going sniper. That might have helped. You shivered as you felt arms pick you up and your vision go black from blood loss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You woke up on a hospital bed. You had been stripped of your armor and had the wounds on your arm and side bandaged up. You took in a shaky sigh, as you looked around the room.

Dull pictures hung on the hospital room's white walls while clear tubes ran into your body. The tubes were an IV as you saw the IV stand also next to you.
The next thing you heard was a knock on the door which made you snap you head in the direction of the noise.

"Who is it?" you croaked out as you saw the doors open slowly. You smiled when you recognized the face of your father. Dom seemed to give you a warm smile, glad to know you were okay. Dom then pulled a chair up to your bed before speaking.

"How are you feeling, angel?" Dom asked in his nickname for you. You gave a slight chuckle, flinching.

"Well, as best as someone in a hospital for some flesh wounds can be." You smirked as Dom laughed slightly.

"Making comedy out of tragedy I see, that's one way to cope, keep it up." Dom joked as you both laughed a bit. You stopped and cleared your throat.

"I...I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise." you frowned as you looked up at your father. He sighed and put a hand on your shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault, you tried your best and didn't know that locust was coming. I swear they get smarter everyday." Dom answered, muttering the last part. You nod slightly before trying to sit up, despite the pain you were in.

Dom seemed to give a confused expression before you weakly threw your arms around him, leaning your head on him. Dom gently hugged back, rubbing your back.

"I'll try harder next time and won't get myself killed. I love you, Dad." You mutter into his chest as he sighs.

"I love you too, (Y/N). My little Angel...."

(UNEDITED.)

(A/N: SO SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE SOONER. School decided to throw me a bunch of last minute test and I just didn't have to the motivation of writing in this book. I hope you liked this and I will be trying to catch up on requests in my other books. Toodles 👋)