~Like A Father~ Older! Marcus x Reader

(This is a platonic one shot I did for Gears 5 hype. I haven't played Gears 5, but I DO have it pre ordered and I am picking it up today :))

"Holy shit that stings-!" You hiss as you touch your burn. You had gotten into a fight with a swarm called a 'Carrier' and when it exploded some of the pinkish goo got on you.

"Let me check that for you." The older man said to you as he walked over to you. You flinch as Marcus touched your burn lightly, humming in response. "JD, do you have that med kit I told you to bring?"

JD, Your best friend and companion, nodded at his fathers words before digging around for something. Moments later JD came back holding a white lockbox. Marcus kept you company as JD got the box open.

"Thanks." Marcus simply replied as he got some burn lotion out of the box. You stared at the bottle with hesitation, you remembered how much that stuff stings. Marcus seemed to notice your discomfort and tried to reassure you.

"It may sting a little, but I promise it won't be for long. It's just to help it heal." Marcus patted your back before applying the lotion.

You sucked in air through your teeth as the lotion caused your burn to feel inflamed. Marcus helped you the whole time, and JD sat by you to make sure everything was okay.

Once the burning settled down, Marcus wrapped it in a gauze bandage. You look up at Marcus and give a thankful smile. He surprisingly smiled back.

"Thanks, Marcus. You know, hanging out with you and JD is like being apart of your family. You just seem to care for JD and me during, well, anything. I wish I could repay you." You say genuinely. Marcus laughed slightly.

"One way you could repay me is helping getting rid of the rest of the swarm in this area." Marcus suggested as you laughed, picking up your lancer.

"I was going to do that anyway, but of course!" You joked as you and JD ran ahead, clearing out the swarm.

(It was short but...I wanted to put something out :3)