~Put Up With It~ Loomis x Reader

(Requested By: AniMay3)

It was a quiet day. The perfect day to spend time with one of the people you care about. Ezra Pound Loomis. Loomis can be a great companion, admittedly you adored him. Just sometimes he was a little strict-

So you decided that you'd meet him somewhere calm. One of the nice parks around town and away from the court house seemed to be good. So you made plans, and here you are.

"Heya, Loomis. Guess what i've brought~" You laugh as you walk up to the man, slinging an arm over his shoulder. Loomis seemed to stiffen at your touch, giving a large sigh.

"What. What have you brought." Loomis grunts, clearly in a mood. He always seems to get agitated when you tease him. Which only makes you want to push him further. But, today you decided to do something nice for him.

"I bought you take out. You look hungry." You smile as you guided him to a bench. The man relaxed at your smile, and sat down with you. You quickly handed him the food you bought before taking out yours. Then things went silent, you two just silently eating.

"So, how was work...?" you start, trying to break the ice. Loomis just grunted in response. Did something happen? "Are you alright?" Loomis sighed, looking down at his casual clothes.

"Yeah, i'm fine. Just...a court case got on my nerves-" Loomis grumbled, leaving you confused. You thought for a moment before snapping your fingers in realization.

"Was Baird in any way involved?" You asked as Loomis moaned in annoyance. "I'll take that as a yes." you laugh slightly. Loomis and Baird seemed to fight a lot.

"Is there anything you were particularly wanting to do today?" Loomis says to you, trying to put on a happier mood for your sake. Hell, you were there with him, it made him feel great.

"Well..." You think, trying to figure out if you really did have plans. You were really just planning to have fun with the man of your dreams but...Maybe you could work something out.
"Maybe. Maybe I have plans~" You smirk as Loomis seemed to try and decipher what you meant.

"So~ Tell me more about what happened with you and Baird." You push, seeing Loomis' eye twitch just a tad.

"I would really prefer if you didn't talk of him now." Loomis grunted, staring you down.

"And what if I do? What are you gonna do, arrest me? Good luck, I have free speech." You taunt as Loomis took a deep breath.

"Why do you want to know? Is this all you dragged me out here for?" Loomis questioned, giving a displeased look.

"Well...maybe~?" You tease with another smirk. Loomis then gets up from the bench, turning away. You gave a confused look before he spoke.

"Then I guess I'll be leaving. I'm not here for arguments. I have enough of those. ...Thanks for the food and good day." Loomis grunts before starting to walk away. You quickly got up and followed him, not meaning to make him leave.

"Loomis, please, I'm sorry!" You yell while trying to catch up with him. Loomis just kept on walking, ignoring your pleas. Guess it was time to get physical.

You darted past him and stood in front of the man. This cause Loomis to stop abruptly, and you to slam into his chest. You caught a whiff of his cologne before pulling away.

"Look...I didn't just call you here to tease you... I actually wanted to tell you something." You started as Loomis crossed his arms, raising a brow.

"Go on." Loomis ordered, listening carefully. You took a deep breath, trying to pick out words you would say.

"I...really care about you and, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime, like on a date--- I just think you're a great man and I want to spend my time with you...." You confess and you take a deep breath, looking away. You stiffen once you hear faint footsteps and a pair of strong arms around you.

You turn your head back to meet Loomis embracing you. You hugged back, smiling.

"I suppose I share the same feelings, (Y/N). I accept your offer. Care to do it now?" Loomis says as he held you close.

"If...If you want to, Loomis" You smile, enjoying the warmth. "Oh...And about the teasing, Do you put up with it? You might need to because it ain't stopping." You laugh. Loomis sighs but laughs too.

"I'll put up with it, always."

(Sorry if short, oof.)