Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Gill was angry, confused, livid, pissed off and…..aroused

Hell! He was so many damn things at once he didn’t know what to do with himself. 

And Pete?! Pete had lost what little bit of good sense he’d been born with! Gill was watching his best friend set himself up for a hell of a fall and there wasn’t a damn thing that Gill could do about it. Hadn’t he and Pete just had a talk about all of this the night before? Hadn’t they agreed that they needed to keep their distance while still maintaining their cover? 

Kissing the gang leaders cousin behind the tailor shop certainly wasn’t keeping their distance! 

Gill was so distracted, he didn’t hear the footsteps approaching behind him before two strong arms snaked around his waist and pulled his back into a hard body. “What’s got you so tore up, Gill?” Jeb’s warm, honey voice washed over him. “Anything I can help you with?” 

Gill wanted to say no, he wanted to pull away from Jeb, he wanted to keep himself from giving in to the temptation the man provided--but Gill couldn’t do any of those things when Jeb’s warm mouth caressed his neck and his teeth grazed against the tender flesh. 

Gill moaned Jeb’s name and felt his body mold against his. The evidence of Jeb’s arousal pressed firmly against Gill’s backside and made him tremble with want and need. 

He was such a hypocrite. He had been standing down here judging Pete for his weakness when it came to Jane and here he was giving in to his own weakness for this outlaw man with calloused hands, sharp green eyes and a hungry mouth that made Gill tremble.

Jeb’s hands splayed across his chest and one began to dip lower, dancing its way down Gill’s lean stomach until it reached the waistband of his trousers. 

“I want you, Gill,” Jeb all but growled against his ear. “I want to bury myself inside your warm ass and feel your lips against my skin….”

Somehow Gill managed to gain control of himself. With a groan, he pulled out of Jeb’s embrace and stumbled several feet away from his hard tempting body before turning to face him. “No.” 

A smile creased the lines in Jeb’s cheeks. “Okay. You can bury yourself in my ass just this once if that’s what you want. I just want to have you….”

“I said no,” Gill insisted, his voice shaking but his hand going to his revolver when Jeb took a step forward. 

Jeb stopped and shook his head sadly. “Why do you fight it, Gill? I can see how badly you want me. I can feel it when I touch you and it’s plain to see in the way your body molds against mine. We’re both grown men, Gill, and I can’t see any good reason to deny ourselves what we want.” 

Gill swallowed hard. Dammit, that man was too damn attractive for his own good! “Jeb, I’ve worked hard to bury that part of myself and that’s the way I want keep it--buried. You can go find some other man to play whore for you.”