Bearded Lemons

"Let's go to the ice rink!" Rin suddenly suggested, sitting up quickly from where she slouched on the couch. "It'll be fun!"

"The ice rink? But we haven't used that in forever!" Oliver's eyes widened.

"But don't you remember how fun it was?" Mayu swooned. "How sharp the skates were?" She gazed off dreamily at the ceiling.

"Um, yeah. And that time when CUL fell and slid like ten feet?" Rin laughed hysterically, slapping her knee. "That was golden."

"We should get the others before we go. It's always more fun together." Oliver piped up.

"Stop being such a girl. Of course we'll get the others!" Mayu sang, hopping up from the couch. "Everyone! Ice rink fun time!" She ran off yelling it to make sure the other Vocaloids in the mansion heard her.

Rin and Oliver stared off after her. "She's crazy." Rin shook her head.

"Way off the deep end."

"What does that mean?" Rin looked to Oliver, cocking her head to the side.

"Nothing." He sighed. "Let's go!" Oliver stood and grabbed Rin's hand. He pulled her through the hallways until they came to the double doors that marked the entrance to the ice rink.

"I'm so happy." Rin sniffled as Oliver pushed the door open. The lights inside came on with a bright intensity, illuminating the ice rink.

"I've caught some people!" Mayu was giggling uncontrollably as she descended upon the couple with two Vocaloids hanging onto her hands for dear life.

"Who gave you sugar?" Galaco stared at Mayu with wide eyes.

"We didn't mean to, I swear!" Rin begged for forgiveness.

"You know to keep her away from that stuff." Gumi sighed. "Now, we all have to live with the consequences."

The five Vocaloids walk into the ice rink, immediately regretting their decision to just go in their regular clothes.

"What are you doing here?" Said a voice from the shadows. Oliver screamed and ducked behind Rin, while Mayu ran screeching in the direction of the voice. "Mayu." Flower stepped out, stopping Mayu in her tracks.

"S-Sorry, Flower! Don't kill me!" Mayu ran back to the group, pushing Oliver out of the way so she could cower behind Rin.

Flower glared at them. "What are you doing here?" She repeated.

"We just wanted to ice skate." Gumi shrugged nonchalantly.

"Why?"

"Because i-ice skating i-is fun." Oliver pointed out, scared out of his mind.

"I've never ice skated before." Flower admitted, emotionless.

Galaco looked confused. "Can I ask why you're in here, then?"

"I like the cold." Flower said simply.

"You're weird." Gumi rolled her eyes. "We can teach you to ice skate if you want."

"No thank you."

"But it's fun!" Rin insisted.

Flower sighed. "Whatever."

They eventually convinced Flower to skate with them. The Vocaloids gathered their ice skates, reminiscing all the fun times they had had in the rink.

"Let's do this!" Rin burst through the gate, practically throwing herself on the ice. Of course, she fell, causing the others to laugh.

"Bearded lemons!" She shouted at them, face burning red. "You're all bearded lemons!"

This caused Oliver to laugh even harder.

"What's a bearded lemon?" Flower asked, confused.

"Nothing!" Oliver laughed. "Nothing at all!"

The others glanced around amongst themselves, fearing for their two friends' sanity.

{I'm so sorry you guys had to wait this long for a chapter >.< I've been really busy. But this was inspired by real events ^.^}