Goodnight

"Goodnight, Gakupo and IA!" Rana rubbed her eyes sleepily. "Thank you for-" She yawned. "Making a castle with me."

"Aw, no problem, sweetie." Gakupo smiled, patting her head gently.

"It was really fun. Sweet dreams!" Rana giggled, hugging IA.

Gakupo sighed, glancing at his girlfriend with a mischievous glint in his eye. "She is a sweet dream." He smirked, moving to sweep IA into an embrace. Before he could, however, Rana looked up at him and said something he really wasn't expecting.

"And you're a nightmare!" She maintained a serious expression before bursting into laughter at the face Gakupo was making.

"You little-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Gakupo." IA cut him off, raising an eyebrow.

"But she just called me a nightmare!" Gakupo exclaimed as he threw his arms into the air. "That was rude!"

"I don't care if it was rude." She stuck her tongue out at him. "She's a child and we're not going to be the first ones to cuss in front of her."

"Bullsh*t. She's friends with Ryuto."

That quieted IA down. "That's true..." She mumbled. "Okay, Rana, time for...where did she go?" Her eyes widened as she frantically looked around the dimly lit hallway. "Rana?!" IA called loudly.

"Great..." Gakupo rolled his eyes. "Just what we need." He paused to think over something. "She could have gone to bed, you know. Maybe you're getting all worked up over nothing."

IA stared at him as if he had grown a second head. That was obviously the wrong thing to say. "Excuse me, but her room is that way," She pointed down the rest of the hall they hadn't yet travelled down. "and if you hadn't noticed, we're standing in the middle of the hallway."

Gakupo considered her words with pursed lips. "What you said makes sense-"

"Of course it makes sense!" IA groaned with frustration and ran both her hands through her hair. "Rana! Get your a*s out here! It's time for bed!"

"F*ck you! You made her too tired to play house with me and Yuki like she promised! You two are stupid as hell!" Came a high-pitched voice that the couple immediately recognized as Ryuto's. They turn to look at the young green-haired boy. In his arms, lay a sleeping Rana. Apparently, he was stronger than the both had previously thought.

"We're sorry, Ryuto. But she's the one that wanted to continue making her castle better..." Gakupo tried to calm the boy down.

"I don't give a d*mn." Ryuto sniffed, holding Rana to his tiny chest tightly. Quietly, Yuki came around the corner and stood behind Ryuto. She placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay, Ryu. Let's all just go to bed and we can play house in the morning. Does that sound good?" Yuki smiled warmly.

Ryuto took a shaky breath and hung his head, taking a few moments to say, "Okay...can we go get Iroha before we go to bed though? She always tucks me in..."

"Sure we can! But Gakupo and IA will come, too, because they're to Rana what Iroha is to you."

Ryuto cast a distrustful glance in the older two Vocaloid's direction. "They're a nice person to her?"

"Yup! Just like that! C'mon. Let's go find Iroha." Yuki began to lead the smaller boy away, towards where she knew Iroha's room was. She motioned with her free hand for Gakupo and IA to follow. They looked at each other in confusion and astonishment that that had just happened.

They walked behind the kids slowly, still at a loss for any coherent words.

It wasn't long before they came to the door of Iroha's room. We waited a second, listening to the voices coming from the other side of the wall.

"You can't possibly have an eight." Came a muffled voice that sounded like Iroha.

"Yeah, I do." Someone that sounded like Diva retorted.

"No, you can't...because I have all the eights!" Iroha argued, followed by laughter from whichever Vocaloids were in the room. "So I call...bullsh*t!"

Yuki glanced at us before raising a hand and knocking lightly. "Iroha?" She said softly. There came a great crashing from inside the bedroom before the door swung open to reveal the red-haired Vocaloid.

"What?" She snapped.

From behind her, Chika called her name. IA peered around Iroha to see who it was, and saw Diva sitting at a table with Chika, cards spread out in front of them. One place had cards, but no holder. Iroha.

"We...just came so Ryuto could say goodnight and be tucked in." Yuki grinned. Iroha glanced down at the little boy then back into the room at her friends before sighing.

"Okay. Chi, Divs, I'll be back." Iroha shut her door and took Rana from Ryuto's arms, handing her to IA. She picked up Ryuto and sat him on her hip, booping his nose with a smile. "C'mon then. Let's get you to bed."

IA adjusted the still sleeping Rana as she followed Iroha down the hallway to Ryuto's room. "That...was weird." IA whispered to Gakupo.

"You're telling me. This night has been one thing after another, and then Ryuto just had to show up and make things worse. We are never having kids." Gakupo rolled his eyes.

"I'd agree...but they have a certain...adorable appeal." IA smiled slightly and brushed a strand of Rana's pink hair from the small girl's forehead.

Gakupo bit his lip and looked down at IA. "Yeah..."

Iroha and Yuki stopped in front of them, having arrived at Ryuto's door. "Okay, Ryu. It's bedtime." Iroha opened the door gently and turned the light on. She carried the boy to his bed.

"Leave Rana in here! Yuki, you stay too!" Ryuto called from Iroha's arms as she set him down on the green sheets.

IA laughed. "Whatever you say, little boy."

"I'm not little, you b*tch!"

"Ryuto! Language." Iroha warned, pointing a stern finger at him. He nodded solemnly and crawled under the covers to hide from her judging gaze.

Yuki climbed onto the bed, following Ryuto.

"Here," Gakupo drew back the covers a little so IA could lay Rana down. He pulled the sheets up to the girl's chin.

Iroha leaned over the bed and kissed Ryuto's forehead. "Goodnight, my little green monster."

"Goodnight, Iroha!" Ryuto and Yuki said cheerfully in unison.

"And goodnight, IA and Gakupo!" Yuki smiled at the two.

"Yeah, goodnight!" Ryuto added as an afterthought, already getting comfortable and burying himself in between two pillows.

"Okay, well...sweet dreams!" Iroha said as the older Vocaloids left the room and headed back to their own sleeping quarters for the rest of the night.

{Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry >.< I've been writing this for quite some time, but it's taken me awhile to actually finish >.< this was inspired by two different real events, if you wanted to know. Again, I'm really, really sorry you guys had to wait so long for this >.<}