The Terrible Quartet: Then and Now

{This one's gonna be a bit more serious. At first, at least.}

A Glance back in Time

A loud knock on the front door rang through the entranceway and down many halls.

"Help me, Gakupo." Two older kids came running towards the door.

Luka and the young purple haired boy worked together to pull open the front door. Len and Piko watched with wide eyes as the large door swung inward and the sound of the storm was magnified by ten.

"Hello?" Little nine year old Luka called out into the rain. No one was anywhere to be seen. Well, no one other than two children sitting on the porch. The smaller of the two, the girl, gazed up at Gakupo and Luka with scared blue eyes.

The boy suddenly stood up, moving in front of the girl. "Don't hurt her." He growled.

"Who would just leave such little children? Especially in this weather!" Gakupo's temper began to flare. "I'll kill them!"

Already quite mature for her age, Luka was able to calm Gakupo down.

"Kids, please come in out of the storm." Luka invited them in.

The boy glanced to the girl, then they both walked in with their heads down.

"Yuma, I'm scared." The girl whimpered, clutching his arm.

"It's alright." He soothed her.

Luka led the children down a few halls to the playroom, the curious Len and Piko followed and actually remained silent for once.

"Gakupo, go fetch a nanny." Luka ordered. "Please." She added. The purple haired boy ran out.

With Gakupo gone, Luka sat down on a bean bag. Len and Piko stood behind her, watching as the two new children huddled together on one of the other bean bags.

"What are your names?" Luka asked.

"I'm Yuma. This is IA." The boy spoke up.

"How'd you two get here?"

Yuma shrugged.

"Alright. Are you two...brother and sister?"

Yuma shrugged.

Luka cocked her head to the side. "Friends?"

Yuma looked at her blankly.

The pink haired girl sighed. "How old are you two?"

IA took a piece of paper out of her pocket. It was soaking wet, but she handed it to Yuma. He moved his lips as he read.

"Um, I'm five. She's four. I was born on April 25th, and she on..." He squinted at the page. "January 27th." Yuma said proudly.

"Wow! You can already read?" Luka's eyes widened in astonishment.

"Wow..." Len muttered. "You two are so cool!"

Len and his tag-along-buddy Piko ran up to the newcomers, enveloping them in hugs and friendly chatter.

"Luka!" Gakupo hissed from the doorway. "Nanny Lariet wants to talk to you!"

Luka groaned as she pushed herself out of the bean bag and out the door.

"We'll be best friends, I'm sure!" Len grinned good-naturedly.

IA smiled back, still getting used to the idea of being around so many people.

"O-Okay!" She laughed. Yuma glanced down at her, then pulled out the piece of paper that was inside of his pocket.

'Protect her'

Always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Earth to Yuma!" IA waved her hand in front of the pink haired teen.

He shook himself out of his stupor. "Yeah?" He rolled his eyes. IA had probably been trying to get his attention for an hour. She was nothing if not persistent.

"I was just asking if you wanted to go watch a movie with us." IA swept her hand around towards Len and Piko. "So, how about it?"

"Eh, I guess."

IA gave him the classic 'Really?' look.

"No, I do!"

"I actually think Gumi was looking for you." IA looked at the clock on the wall. "She wanted to see if you would play a video game with her."

Yuma's eyes lit up. "A video game? With Gumi? Sorry, IA. A movie sounds fun and all, but you know. It's Gumi!" He stood up and gave IA a quick hug.

"See you later! Enjoy your movie!" Then the boy was gone, looking for Gumi.

IA shook her head. "Movie time, girls!" She grabbed Len's hand and pulled him and Piko towards the media room at a run.

"Hey!" Len complained. "I'm not a girl!"

"IA! You're going too fast!" Piko's face was turning green.

"Haha!" IA laughed.

When she passed Yuma, who was still walking around in search of his green haired friend, she winked at him.

He smiled.

Always.

{This one is not inspired by real events. Kinda obvious, though}