Chapter 37

Okay, soooo sorry about not uploading on time.  Internet's been crazy with another storm last night...But hey, It's all sunshine again.  Go figure :P 

Alright, I wanna thank you all for reading, voting and commenting on Forbidden Lineage.  Your support means alot, and this story wouldn't have made ot this far without you guys :)  This chapter was turning out to be too long, lol, so I decided to split it up a bit.  I'll give you the rest in a few days, and then the epilogue :)  I wanna cry right now, but I guess I can save the tears for the last upload :) 

Ps* This has not been edited as yet, so again, if there are errors or if something doesn't add up correctly, point it out and I'll fix it :)

Hope you guys enjoy it....Vote and comment as well....Please :D  Happy reading :DD

Kai:

“Hell no!”  Kai growled menacingly.  “You don’t get to do that twice.”

He held the deadly blade flat between his palms.  The tip had barely gone in, but that’s as far as it was going to get.  Sofia was safe from this monster, so now he could go ahead and finish this.

Dante tried to shove the sword in again, but Kai was already braced for it.  Instead of backing off, Dante froze and watched with horror as Kai plucked it out like it was an annoying little toothpick.

Dante’s eyes widened.  “Wha…”  He sputtered.  “You’re supposed to be…” 

“Under submission?”  Kai couldn’t resist a laugh at his stupefied face. 

“But you’re not mated.”  He managed to utter.  His face no longer held the confidence it did a few minutes ago.  Dante turned to find Sofia gone and that further scared and confused him.

“Guess again.”  Kai grinned, rubbing his palm over the perfectly healed skin showing through the tear in his T.  He rolled his head to the side and lifted up his arm, loosening the muscle.

Dante’s breathing grew faster and the blade shivered in his grasp as Kai’s eyes turned reflective. 

Swinging out blindly because of his uncertainty, his fear was evident in his trembling hands which were in a white knuckled grip around the hilt.

Kai reached out in a flash and snapped the blade in two.  Then he grabbed the rest of it out of Dante’s hand and tossed it.

His fingers twitched, still not registering that he had no weapon, and then he flinched with realization when the metal hit rock and skid off to the side.

“What?”  Kai smirked.  “Too fast for you?”

Dante seemed to break through his haze.  The confusion cleared from his eyes, and then he smirked back.

It wasn’t rocket science to figure out the man’s next move.

“Very nice.  I never tagged you as one of those who kicked beneath the belt.”  He told Kai, clearly trying to worm his way out of his predicament.

Dante waited a beat for Kai to answer, and when he didn’t, he shrugged.  “So, you’re going to fight a Guardian?”  He asked with a raised eyebrow.

“No.”  Kai told him calmly.  “I’m going to kill a demon.”

Dante let out a bark of hysterical laughter, covering his mouth with his fist.  “You forget my talent.”  He told Kai smugly.  “How do you plan to attack me through it?  You can’t touch me.”

His lips pulled up in a sneer as he indicated the blue coating along his skin and clothes. 

“Like this.”  Kai whispered letting the silver loose.  The icy rivulets coated him almost instantly, turning him invisible.  Dante looked around frantically before turning in a slow, careful circle.