Chapter 19

Hi guys.  Thanx for getting this far...I'm actually surprised that this story has gotten this much attention....What with so little votes and comments, I always wondered if I'm going wrong or something, lol  ;) But you peeps are awesome, so yeah.  I dedicate this not so very long chapter to all of you! :D  Read on people ;D  Please note....no editing done yet, so if you find something off, please tell me so I can set it right  :)

Dante:

He stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his slim waist.  Padding barefoot into his room, he shifted uncomfortably at the fullness in his still firm belly.  Wildfire had spread through his body after his spree, and he almost thought he’d gone too far.  Even now, as he stared at his reflection in the mirror, he could see the man who’d just crossed the lines, and enjoyed it.  His eyes were hard, darkness swirling in their depths, but he liked the arrogance on the face that looked back at him.  Downstairs, the glass doors slid open, and the sweet scent of Yesinia reached him before she did.  The thing she wore, what was it?  Neon green, and too short to be called a dress anyway, it clung to her curves like second skin, stopping high on her thigh.  Long legs balanced on pinprick heels, a slim silver ankle bracelet dangling delicately as one red shoe stopped sexily in front of the other.  His eyes raked over her from the bottom up, and she returned the look hungrily.  They’d done their fair share of steamy rendezvous in the past.  Still did every now and then…They had an understanding, one that made his mouth turn up in a smirk, made his tongue slide out invitingly.  Those red, lush lips were meant to be wrapped around his, not around the pinky she was saucily nipping on, and he felt himself stepping towards her.  

Palm flat on his chest, she shook her head.  “Get dressed.  As much as I want to, we haven’t the time.”

Narrowing his eyes, he looked up questioningly.  “Why?”

“Ulrica and Caleb will be here in a minute.” 

He grumbled and pulled away from her, rifling through his drawers.  Dropping the towel, he angrily pulled on a pair of boxers.  Still keeping his face averted, he grabbed a pair of charcoal tailored pants and put them on, followed by a pale yellow shirt.  He did the buttons up quickly, grabbed a pair of socks and sat down on the bed.  ‘Did they know already?’

“You smell off.”  Yesinia hovered above him and inhaled.  He almost froze as he yanked on the second sock, but he kept his actions neutral.  “I just had a shower, why would you say that?”  He asked, injecting a note of irritation into his voice.

“Hmm, I don’t know.  Change your gel?”  She asked, leaning towards him again.

He shoved her away and slipped on his shoes.  “You insult me?  I don’t appreciate your observations; especially since you made it clear we haven’t the time to ‘investigate’ these things.”

She laughed at his choice of words, but let it go.  Dante didn’t want to go to the extremes of putting on aftershave, but he made a quick stop in the bathroom to double check his scent.  She was right.  He did have an odd fragrance floating around him today.  How to mask it without raising suspicion?

“Would you mind warming dinner?”  He asked from inside, staring at the devil in the looking glass.  “Simone left her delightful cooking in the oven, and I haven’t yet eaten.”  He grimaced, thinking of how wonderfully stuffed he already was.

“Whatever.  All you men know is food.  I bet Caleb will be pigging out the second he gets here.”  She grumbled.  

Listening to the slinky heels echo their way down the marbled staircase, he sighed in relief.  The door opened again, and then he heard Ulrica ask for him, followed by Caleb’s offhand remark about Yesinia’s choice of clothing.  Then he stopped and cocked his head…Where the hell was Nik?  He’d been off their mental link for a while now and it was unlike him to do so.  Picking up the phone from the dresser, he quickly called the man, fuming when his call was directed to voicemail...Muttering a curse, he switched off the lights and went to meet the others.