Chapter 29

Hi Guys.  Sorry for the late upload.  I seem to be having issues with tissues lately...first the flu, and then the network...Anyways, sorry sorry sorry :)  Here it is...the much awaited chapter 29...lol.  Please read, vote, comment....Like it, hate it?  Lemme know.  Your feedback is great and always welcomed :D  This chapter goes out to all of you (including you-the silent readers ;) who have gotten this far, and have pushed me to take it further.  THANK YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!!  Please mind the errors....and oh, i hope it doesn't suck too bad...been fuddled in the brain lately :P

Sofia:

They were on the couch talking…and then they weren’t…

Like a vice, Shane’s fingers wrapped tightly around her forearm and the room faded into the background…By the time she pulled out of his grasp, they were at the entrance of some kind of cave.  The dank smelling hole in the mountain was cold, and darkness swallowed them from behind.  She tried to look around, but he shoved her roughly.  Then grabbing her by the shoulder, he yanked her upright when she faltered and pushed her to walk.  His face was suddenly devoid of emotion; almost robotic compared to the way he was a few minutes ago…

Where was the guy she grew up with?  She fought this stranger, twisted and jerked away from him, but he continued to pull her deeper into the cave.  She could hear Kai frantically calling out to her so she responded that she didn’t know what was happening, or where she was.  Shane was one of her best friends, why would he…And the sudden realization gave her pause.  He was under submission.  Shane would never do this to her willingly…but who got to him?  Why, and more importantly, how?

Holding her firmly with one hand, Shane flicked a lighter and lit up a torch on the wall.  The tunnel glimmered, casting shadows and throwing a small ball of light around them.  Ahead of, and behind them, the suffocating inky blackness coated every nook and cranny.  A dark figure moved out of the shadow and a small smile lit up his beautiful face.  Orange firelight underlined his sharp features and she watched in horror as the smile turned into a sneer, his eyes narrowed as he inhaled her scent deeply. 

“Who…who are you?”  She asked slowly.

“Death…”  He smirked and nodded to Shane.  “You have done well, boy.  Now, give her to me.”  His smooth voice ordered.

Shane nodded and shoved her towards the man.  His fingers dug into her arms when he caught her, but he held her away from his body like she was revolting.

He motioned for Shane to bring him something and she looked around worriedly feeling Kai’s distress, wanting to tell him she was ok, but not sure if she would be…

The loud clinking echoed in the quietness as he clasped the device around her left wrist, and she felt immediate panic set in.  They were cuffs, attached to thick steel links that were heavy and weighing her down already.  Kai was growing distant…The next one clicked tightly and a feeling of loss encompassed her, making her knees weak from its hushed impact.  Her mind was dead silent, and Kai was gone

“You reek of him!”  He bellowed.  “Are you mated?”  His one hand tore at the neckline of her top, searching for her mark.  She didn’t have the strength to fight back anymore, so she let him roughly handle her.  His eyes narrowed at the empty spot and a moment of confusion crossed his eyes when he found no bite. 

“Wait for me outside!”  He grunted.  Shane turned immediately, walking away and leaving her to face the demon alone. 

“Are you mated?”  Shaking her roughly, he demanded an answer.  She shook her head and whispered ‘no’, lying purposely to her capturer, somehow feeling an overwhelming need to protect her mate even though she could no longer feel him…