Chapter 4

Just wanted to take a moment to thank those who have read, voted and commented.  Please don't stop with it...your support means alot to me.  So thank you :D  A special thanx goes out to Niki, for helping me pick out some names :) This chapter is yours :)  

Sofia:

Her small frame had molded perfectly to his much larger one.  His odd pulse and enticing scent had calmed her fractured thoughts as she prepared to walk back to the house with him.  And then…The electricity between them…When he had shown her his happy memories, she was almost reduced to tears.  Unlike the many she had in her childhood before her parents disappeared and the joy she had found with her friends, his only happy memory had been of her.  They way she had made him feel, the way she had rescued him.  What she was doing to him…

Then he marked her, and she marked him…and everything changed.  Didn’t he want to be with her?  She couldn’t help the tears that threatened to spill, the ache inside at the thought of him disliking her.  Luckily Shane was in the kitchen when they entered, so he couldn’t see the tension between them.  Her house was big, but his powerful presence was enough to make the place seem small.  He had murmured an apology to her as she led him to the bathroom, which she had answered with a fake half smile.  Maybe once he was rested, she could talk to him about what happened.

Kai:

A little while later, after a long cold shower and a proper meal, Kai felt more like himself again.  He hadn’t meant to mark her.  He would never knowingly put her in that position.  He was abnormal…a pariah amongst his people.  She deserved a whole lot more than he would give her.  All he did was bring pain.  He’d kill her quicker than he could mate her.  He couldn’t even kiss her!  She was too precious to him already.  Even after shutting her out the way he did, she was still being civil to him.  He could feel her pain, and he hated the fact that he was the one to cause it.  It must be through the marking.  If they really mated, they would be able know each other in every way…like they’d felt in those moments before.  The small black and silver tribal design on her neck matched the larger one on his lower back perfectly.  It tingled insistently, like an invisible force tugging him towards her.  His eyes kept wandering to her wherever she went.  Even now, he glared daggers at the wall separating her from him.  He could hear her outside, talking quietly to Shane.  The fact that the guy had hung around this long made him weary.  He’d have to answer all their questions sooner or later.  He could smell the tension coming off from the guy.  Sofia on the other hand seemed to be at ease with having him around, now more so because of the marking.  She’d left some clothes for him outside the bathroom.  He figured it was Shane’s clothes by the size of it.  He had worn his own pants, but used the shirt that he found.  It was two sizes too big for him and hung off his lean body so he left the button half done.  The guy was a lot bigger in bulk than he was, but still no match for him.  He pulled on his combat boots as he considered his options. 

He had never been treated with anything other than contempt before.  Kindness was not something he was used to.  The Guardians would hunt him down no matter where he went.  He knew without doubt, that if they had the knowledge to kill him, he’d be long dead.  Anyone who attempted to help him would face the same fate.  And he’d stupidly marked the one person who meant the world to him...

Shane:

He would be the first to admit that he was seriously freaked out when he teleported to Kai.  The smell of danger, death, and destruction was too strong to ignore.  When he’d tried to grab him to teleport out of there, the feral growl that erupted from Kai was enough to send him running.  His fangs were out, larger than theirs by an inch.  Sharp, curved, and deadly.  His eyes were the strangest shade he’d ever seen, the whites were liquid silver, the centre, glittering black.  He looked to be in pain, but the energy pulsing through him was strong enough to knock him back a few feet.  Shane didn’t move himself from the low bed; he was removed by the sheer force of the energy surrounding Kai.