:: Twenty-Eight ::

It was 11pm and my phone started ringing. I rubbed my eyes sitting up to answer the phone and it was Max. She was sobbing and my heart pounded in my chest.

"Liv please, he's drunk." Was all she could get out before I heard the phone line go dead.

I didn't take the time to get dressed. I ran out in my black shorts and grey camisole. I didn't even put shoes on I just ran in my socks. I reached their door and I knocked on it. Billy answered the door and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He stood in front of me in that red button up I loved so much and a pair of blue jeans.

"What's wrong?" He asked shrugging his shoulders lightly.

I could see Max behind him with a busted lip and I reached up smacking him across his face. I pushed him back and he stumbled. I closed the door behind me.

"Where are Neil and Susan?" I asked Max.

"They went on a trip to see my grandma." Max said quietly.

Billy pushed me up against the door and got close to my face. I closed my eyes and turned my head waiting for him to hit me. But he didn't, he just leaned in and whispered.

"We need to talk." He turned and walked upstairs to his bedroom.

"Yeah we fucking do." I snapped at him as I rushed over to help Max up. Tears were running down her cheeks and I felt so bad.

"I'm okay." She tried to smile as she limped up the stairs.

"I'm sorry Max." I whispered to her and she stopped at the top of the stairs.

"It's not your fault he's a child." She hugged me and went to her room as I walked into Billy's.

He was taking a drag from a cigarette and tipping back a liquor bottle. He tilted his head back and laughed as he turned to look at me. My eyes met his and even though he was drunk I could see the masked sadness in his eyes.

"Just because I pissed you off doesn't mean you take it out on Maxine." I scolded Billy and he walked over to me. He pressed his body to mine and I was pinned against the door.

"What's it matter, I'm just a disappointment either way." His voice was low and husky, his blue eyes hooded.

"Only because you do disappointing things." I shrugged and a smirk snuck across his lips.

"Then why not leave? You did before." He stated and stepped back. I just shook my head and shrugged.

"Do you want me to leave?" I asked him.

"No," his voice was stern but he looked like a child.

"Then maybe instead of letting a random slut talk shit to me who buys you alcohol for fucking her, you'll say something next time Billy. Ya know considering I saved your life and all. I can tell you that you were right about one thing, It is your fault." I didn't yell or raise my voice I stayed monotone.

"I never asked you too." He snapped at me.

"And I never left you!" I snapped back causing him to look away.

"I just can't be with you anymore...I saved you because I love you Billy. But this is never going to work not after what you did. I wasn't kidding when I said you destroyed me Billy. I hate myself and it's over. So don't ask me to come back. I don't wanna friends cause I'll always want more. Let the end be the end." I looked at him and his face was emotionless but tears poured from his blue eyes.

He walked over to me and he pushed me up against the door. He crashed his lips to mine and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back and hugged him tightly.

"Goodbye." He whispered to me.

"Goodbye Billy." I whispered back.

I walked out of his room and let the tears fall. But I didn't stop walking. I didn't even look at him I just kept walking. I walked until I reached the other side of Hawkins where Billy first opened up to me and I laid in the grass. I closed my eyes and let the memories wash over me as I laid in the grass.

My chest was tight and the lump in my throat was to much to choke down. I just didn't know how to explain it.

A/n

I'm not done hurting your feelings. 2 more chapters and this book is done and onto book 2.

You might cry next chapter but I will writing it.