:: Twenty-Two::

Max had me meet her at the public pool and when I showed up she was standing with her crew. Dustin gave me a big hug and so did Eleven. The pool was just closing and Billy got down from his chair and went into the locker room. Will looked uneasy and I gave him a small smile.

"We need to get him in the sauna and turn it up all the way." Mike explained as I gave him a funny look.

"Why?" I asked.

"He likes it cold," Will said quickly and I knew he was talking about the Mind Flayer.

"We need you as bait," Mike stated bluntly and Max looked at him throwing her hands up.

"Let's go." I said as we approached the locker room. I opened the door and I could hear Billy.

"We're closed!" His voice boomed through the locker room.

"Billy," I whispered and I watched him whip his head towards me.

He quickly started walking towards me and I panicked. He stopped within inches of me and looked around confused. Then I realized I just did something I was never able to do before. I clocked myself so I was invisible to the flayed Billy. I could see in his eyes that with every second that passed he was losing himself.

I walked over to the door that led into the weight room and I walked through it. He swung the door open and looked around.

"This isn't funny, I'm going to kill you." He taunted slowly walking towards me. He turned around as he heard a noise and I walked into the sauna.

"Billy," I whispered again and he turned quickly. I made myself visible and a evil grin played on his lips.

"Gotcha," he smirked but in the time it took him to open the door I cloaked myself again. And stood on the bench in the corner.

Eleven held her hand up slamming the door shut as Mike stuck something between the pipe and the handle so the door couldn't be opened. I looked at Billy standing shirtless and wet from the shower he took before we started and I could see the black spots on him. They almost looked like scabs but not quite. Lucas turned the sauna up and they stood waiting.

Sweat dropped down his body as he stood with his nose pressed against the little glass window.

"Let me out," said and they just backed up a bit. Eleven stood in front of all of them. "You kids think this is funny, you think this is some kind of sick prank huh?" He was getting irritated.

"You little shits think this is funny!" He yelled smacking the door and Max looked over at Will and he looked back. Billy continued to yell for a moment as he kicked the door.

Then he sat down and it sounded as if he was laughing and when I looked down at him he was sobbing. My heart skipped a beat as the tears began to prick my eyes. I couldn't cry I couldn't move, he couldn't know I was in here. Max walked up and looked through the glass.

"It's not my fault. It's not my fault. It's not my fault Max. I promise you It's not my fault." He sobbed as he sat with his legs crossed as he intertwined his fingers.

"What's not your fault Billy?" She asked looking at him through the glass. Her face was sad but she wanted to help him. I watched as I went numb my body paralyzed.

"I've done things Max, really bad things. I didn't mean too, he made me do it." His voice was breaking.

"Who made you do it?" She asked quietly.

"I don't know it was like a shadow, like a giant shadow, please max." He begged her.

"What's not your fault?" She asked again.

"It's not my fault!" He yelled leaning onto the bench repeating himself. He kept begging her and I saw him grabbing a piece of the broken tile. I tapped Morse code to Will hoping if I channeled enough he would feel it.

Billy got up and moved to the door, the Mind Flayer present. Used the broken tile to hit the floor and he went after Eleven. I stood on the corner and sobbed as El tried to contain him but he got her. He got her by the throat and I jumped down causing his head to turn. His eyes met mine and he dropped her. I quickly moved out of the sauna not wanting to get cornered.

"She's a child, if you want someone take me." I wore a blank look as the tears streamed down my cheeks.

"No. No I won't let him." Billy yelled grabbing his head as El screamed lifting Billy from the ground. Every vein in his body turned black as he floated.

I waved my hand causing him to crash through the brink wall. He got up from where he landed and began to walk away. I exhaled heavily as I dropped to my knees. I wailed as I let everything wash over me. I covered my face with my hands and sobbed. I couldn't stand seeing him like this.

I had to get that necklace from him but the only way I knew how would be risking everything. Either way I knew I had to try.

A/n

This hurt my feelings.