:: Twenty-Four ::

I could see Eleven sitting on the floor surrounded by everyone. I could hear them speaking but not clearly. Everything was muffled and blurry but I could tell she was blindfolded. I knew what she was doing, because I'd only done it once in my life.

It hadn't even been a week since the sauna test and she was making herself vulnerable again to the Flayer. I got out of bed and dressed quickly in leggings and I grabbed the one shirt in my dresser that Billy had left at my house. I ran down the stairs and asked my mom to use her car and she tossed me her keys.

I ran out to the car and hopped in. I started it taking off to the cabin they were all in. It took me 15 minutes to get there around the traffic for the festival going on. When I pulled up outside I could see them all peeking through the windows. I got out and ran up to the door knocking on it. Mike answered the door and pressed his finger to his lips signaling me to be quiet.

"No I'm not going to be quiet. You are making yourself vulnerable to the Flayer and that's a dumb move even for you El. But I'm not going to let you do it alone." I sat in front of her and she pulled her blindfold back down. I grabbed her hands and she squeezed mine holding them tightly.

I closed my eyes and focused on Billy. It wasn't long before we were in the empty and he was sitting on his bed in the distance just staring off. She walked up to him slowly and looked at him. At first he didn't move then he looked up at her slowly and he grabbed her arm. I stood by her but only she could see me. Then we both fell backwards and landed in a beach. I looked at her and she looked scared. I looked around and my eyes widened.

"California," I mouthed to her and she began to search for his memories.

Looking off in the distance you could see a storm. It flashed with red and swirled like a hurricane. The eye of the storm is where she wanted and she watched as a memory flashed. Billy was a small kid and his mother was there. She was beautiful, blonde and looked at him with such pride.

The memory flickers to his dad yelling at him and he's in a baseball uniform. He yelled back and ran away. Then you could see his Mom and Neil arguing in the kitchen around a table and Neil hit her. We were moving through the storm and his memories were awful. I looked over seeing Neil introducing Max to him. She was so small she couldn't have been over 4 years old and he couldn't have been over 8 years old.

Then we hit it, we reached the eye of the storm and the steel mill was there. Billy's camaro was sitting by a small tree he'd hit when we wrecked it the first time and he wasn't inside. Then it flashed, the course of events. He was dragged down the stairs by the Flayer and possessed. He didn't even know what was happening to him and he stumbled out of the mill. He went to call 911 and decided it wasn't a good option. Then I saw him talking to the Flayed version of himself and the army.

But the memory was jolted away and we were in the cabin and Billy was face to face with Eleven. She was scared and I didn't blame her. The Flayer was telling her that all of this was for her and that everyone she loved would die along with mankind. But I could see Billy, I could tell by the look in his eyes he was in there he just didn't know how to fight it. Then it hit me, the Flayer knew where we were and he was coming. She screamed and pulled her hands away ripping the blindfold off.

"Cover the windows and block all doors. Make sure there no way in!" I yelled and they all jumped up grabbing boards.

"What happened?" Max asked and I looked at her.

"He knows where we are and he's coming," I said quietly to her and she nodded helping block off the doors.

When all entrances were blocked we stood and waited. You could hear it coming and my heart pounded. The walls began to shake and then it stopped. We were as ready as we'd ever be.

Then it began as one of the tentacle like arms crashed through the cabin. We all were trying to get this thing to go away. It was composed of a bloody flesh like slime, you could see bone pieces and the end of the tentacle had teeth.

Eleven screamed as it latched onto her leg and Lucas reacted quickly grabbing a hatchet. He swung at it chopping it off and we pulled it from her leg. She was bleeding everywhere and we had to get her patched up. After the Flayer left we all rushed out piling into my car.

I drove to a local grocery store where we searched the isles. When we found the medical supplies we sat El down and began to work on it. But then I watched something in her leg move. I furrowed my brows and held my hand over her leg and she yelled as it pulled out. She was breathing heavily as the kids patched her leg up. I kept my hand over it and let it hover as I examined it. The Flayer broke a piece of itself off to leave inside her. I closed my fist and it bursted into ashes. I jumped a little and looked at my hand.

"We have to go." I said looking around.

Starcourt, that's where it was going to happen.

A/N:

What do you guys think? 🤔

Y'all have no idea the ride you are in for

But hey if y'all wanna follow me on social media

Instagram: chyanne_elainee

Twitter: miss_chyanne

And thank you so much guys for all the votes and views on this book ♥️ you guys are my motivation