:: Twenty-One ::

A week had passed since I saw Billy last. I've barely slept but I found my Xanax prescription again. I took a few already today and decided to sink into a warm bath. I stripped down throwing my clothes into the hamper and sinking into the tub.

I closed my eyes and saw him. I couldn't force them open anymore but I didn't want to see him. Something didn't feel right leaving the air uneasy.

I saw him hovering over Heather his new co-worker. She was scared of him, but he looked different. He didn't look him himself. Then everything went black around them and I could hear Eleven. I watched as she went to walk closer. Fear was evident in her eyes so I knew I wasn't the only one seeing this.

My dream faded into the old version of Billy causing my chest to ache. I didn't want to dream of him so I forced myself to wake up. The water was cold and I couldn't tell what time it was. I got out of the tub wandering back to my bedroom where Billy sat on the edge of my bed.

I screamed in fear as I wasn't expecting him. He quickly snapped out of his trance looking up at me. He didn't look like him at first but when he looked into my eyes it was like a switch flipped.

"You got to help me Liv," he begged me frantically. I saw the small black patch on his arm and felt my stomach twist.

"Billy, I need to get dressed." I turned my back to him as I went to find clothes in my dresser.

I felt the air shift and grabbed an oversized shirt slipping it on as I turned around. He was standing within a foot from me and his blue eyes looked dull again. I grabbed a pair of shorts slipping them on.

Billy just stood there starring at me with a blank expression. I reached my hand up cupping his cheek and his eyes darted to mine. He had that frantic look in his eyes again. My heart skipped seeing his this way.

"Please Olivia, please help me." He begged.

"I'm going to try Billy," I smiled softly at him and he smiled back.

Whatever was wrong he was still in there and I could pull him to the surface. He leaned his head into my hand then turned walking out of my room. As soon as he turned the corner I gasped as the tears pricked my eyes and my stomach unraveled. I knew there was something inside of him and my best guess was the monster that was inside will last year has taken up hosting Billy.

I heard the Camaro engine rev as he started it speeding off. Max and Eleven came pouring into my room. Max looked worried and so did Eleven. They looked at me and Max began to fidget trying to find her words so I spoke them for her.

"Max it's inside Billy," I said between sobs.

"Eleven saw," she said quietly as the tears to began to burn her eyes.

"I don't know what to do Max, but I've got to figure it out. I have to talk to my mother." I sniffled and wiped my face. Max and Eleven nodded staying put in my room while I went to find my mother.

I looked at the table and ate wasn't there like she usually was with my dad. I peeked my head into the living room and she sat on the couch. The tv was playing but the volume was nearly on mute. I sighed sitting down next to her.

"Mom, I need your help of all the times I wanted you to care, I need you to care now," I begged her and she looked at me with soft eyes.

"What's wrong hunny?" She asked trying not to frown.

"How do I save him?" I sniffle again as the tears began and she sighed.

"There are three outcomes, Olivia, the first one being nothing changes and he dies. The second one you link yourself to him so when he gets injured you sustain the injury and hope you live. The third option is your ability to tap your energy enough to disintegrate the monster inside and outside of Billy. But in order to suppress the monster inside him, you must show him, love." Her eyes were sad when she looked at me and I nodded slowly.

"How do I link myself to him just Incase?" I asked her and her face twitched. She didn't like that I wanted to jump to that option right off the bat but I was reeling up a plan.

"You get something close to him and bring it to me, I'll do it." She half smiled and I returned the favor. She was putting the effort in. She knew this could make or break me.

As I went to go back upstairs I saw Max and Eleven both perched on the stairs. Max's expression looked pained as I pushed by them.

It was his necklace, I needed his necklace.