:: Twenty-Six ::

Billy's POV:

I was free. That fucking monster was dead and I was free but Olivia was practically dead. I don't know what she did or how she did it but she absorbed all of my injuries and was close to taking her last breath.

Cops were everywhere and so were medics. They scooped her lifeless body up and took her out. I couldn't help but look around at the mess I made and cry.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to Max and she threw her arms around me. I hugged her back and she began to sob too.

"I thought you were going to die. Your a fucking asshole but I didn't want you dead." She laughed lightly and I sniffled giving her a small grin.

"I can't believe I did all this." I looked around and pressed my lips together.

"You didn't Billy, the Flayer did." She said trying to make me feel better.

But everything felt wrong, I wasn't suppose to live and Olivia wasn't suppose to die. I walked outside and saw the ambulance where they were trying to jump start her heart again. My gut wrenched and I whipped around throwing up. I wiped my mouth and my heart started to race. I couldn't move, I just stared into the ambulance at her dead body.

"Clear!" A medic yelled.

"We got a pulse! Let's roll!" One of the others yelled.

I was able to breathe.
____________________

It's been a week and I heard she just woke up. She was on breathing tubes and all sorts of machines to keep her going. They really didn't think she was going to make it but she did. When she woke up even I was surprised. I guess it made me hate myself a little less knowing she'd be alright.

I dragged my ass out of bed to get dressed. I put on some blue jeans and that red button up she liked so much. I lit a cigarette inhaling deeply and exhaling. I grabbed the keys to Susan's car and walked out. She was letting me use it to go see her.

My stomach felt uneasy as I approached the hospital. If I hadn't had such a fucked up weak mind none of this would've happened. She wouldn't be in this stupid place and 30 plus people would still be alive. I tried to shake the thought as I asked the receptionist where she was.

I hung my head and walked down the hall. I could hear Max talking to her and Eleven. I peeked in and saw her getting the bandages changed as she was talking. I froze as I saw them and how bad they were even though they were healing good.

Her beautiful blonde hair was pulled back and her brown eyes were bright. She flashed a smile and my heart wrenched. I could feel the lump in my throat forming. I was the fucking reason this happened and I couldn't move.

They had her roll over to face me in the doorway as they changed her other side. She locked eyes with me and lip began to tremble. She looked pained to see me and I didn't know if I should just leave.

"Come on Billy," she spoke softly as she sat up and I moved forward.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her as I sat in a chair by her bed. Max and Eleven got up walking out to the hallway to give us a moment.

"Not to bad I suppose." She said shifting a bit.

I nodded and looked down at my hands fidgeting with them. I looked back up at her and my heart sank every time I looked at her. I couldn't get it out of my head that I did this to her and I felt it coming. She sat up and grabbed one of my hands to get my attention.

"It's not your fault Billy," she said softly to me and I brought her hand up to my face and kissed her knuckles. I held it to my forehead as I began to sob.

"Yes it is," I sobbed out.

I don't think she could change my mind.

A/n

Short af update in Billy POV 🖤

Sorry it was sucky