CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Hello, amazing souls. 

Hope all of you are doing great. First of all, I apologise for making you wait for a long time. I've been pretty busy lately. But finally, Yes finally this book is complete. There will be an epilogue to tie all loose ends. But I don't know when. Finally, I wholeheartedly hope you will be able to check out my website. There will be a lot of stuff coming and also you will be getting a free self-love printable journal of 12 pages that I designed with all my heart for my amazing readers. if you subscribe to it. I hope you will love it.  The site is all about self-love and overcoming difficulties and other random stuff. www.writtenwaves.com You are also welcome to write for it if you wish. Enjoy the chapter. Thank you for being patient with me and accompanying me on this journey.

 Chapter 39

I looked at them as they gazed at me in surprise. They had far from expected this turn of events. It didn't take my uncle more than a few seconds to get back to Earth. "Nonsense!" He roared. I took a step back at first remembering all bad memories but then I remembered why I stood on this spot and what I owed to the person who lay on the hospital bed fighting for his life. A sudden boost of confidence overtook me. He couldn't lay a hand on me. He couldn't dare to do anything to me. I took a step towards him. "Then please tell me, sir, how is your daughter Kiara Houssam the real heir of the Edward empire, Do you have proof that she is the daughter of the Edwards?"

"Of course I have, All my delegates know her, they have met her since she was only a child. And, everybody else knows you are Kiara Houssam, My daughter- Why do you think you are Sophia honey, I gave you everything since I was young and this is how you repay me by choosing money over me?" He gazed at me with a look that made me shudder. I won't be afraid or be swayed by his tactics.

"Why would I need money when I am the daughter-in-law of the third richest man in the world?" I looked pointedly at him.

"Because once you get the Edward empire, The Abdullah empire will stand on the second spot."

I had enough of his nonsense. "Shut Up!" I shouted. "Do you think I forgot how you mistreated me?"

"Look, people, this is what it is. My daughter wants revenge for not being treated as well as her cousin sister. I am at fault here. I should have looked after my own daughter more than my niece."

I shook my head,, how long did he think he could play this game. I turned towards the board of directors.

"This man is my uncle. He raised me and he also abused me, if not himself, he encouraged his followers to abuse me to an extent that I was beyond disgraced and couldn't even look at anyone. And, I would have been living like that had it not been for Ashar. I would have been cheated all my life. I wouldn't have known the monster he was. I used to think he had nothing to do with his followers abusing me but I was proved wrong. He knew it and he even encouraged them." Tears dripped down my eyes as the memories reappeared. I didn't want to tell them now that I knew he had killed my parents. I had no proof. And I wanted him to confess by himself. The only way that could happen is If I riled him up enough to confess by himself. I had no hope that would happen.

"He forced me to replace his daughter and introduce myself as my cousin at parties. I didn't realise it then that he had such a big plan to covet my empire. I was a fool to think that he sent me because his daughter wasn't interested in his business."

"Do you have proof, my child?" An old European man stood up. "Do you have any proof that you are the daughter of the Edwards?"

"How could she have....?" Houssam started and I cut him off midway. "Yes, I do Sir"