CHAPTER FIVE

Guys...... *smiles cheekily*
'I want a vote and comment raise.'

chapter five.
A cinderella for the sheikh.

As I had imagined, my father was in fury. He was blazing when I told him that Ismail had sent me a partnership offer. After ten minutes of fuming, he left to go to his office room to take care of what he thought was 'unimaginable business.'

Well that's, that.

All I could think of now was my trip to the U.S.A. The place was like my second home, even though mom was a pure Brit and I had her blue eyes, I was attached more to the states than to England. Maybe it was because I spent my toddler years there. Announcing that I loved to play 'soccer' instead of 'football' to rile up my mother.

I smiled at the memory. There was very little that I remembered from my toddler years but the 'soccer rocker' song was still stuck somewhere in my brain.

I headed to my room,smiling. Remembering about those days.
As I flipped open my macbook and switched it on. The background came slowly into view.

It was of Me,Sophia and Adel at the beach.
Through the years,My laptop had kept changing but the background picture always remained the same.
.sometimes I couldn't help but imagine a grown up Sophia. The way my mom was British and my dad an Arab, Sophia's dad was a blue blood American whose grandfather had converted and her mother was an Asian.

He wondered how she looked now. She was a pretty girl when she was younger, but now I was sure that the years would have done her justice. She must be gorgeous, if she was alive that is.

I closed my eyes and imagined Sophia as a grown up. Her striking green eyes, her brunette hair.... My imagination created up an image of her that was inhuman. She looked like an angel to me. And I was sure I was.

I wondered if she was the same Sophia I knew or had she changed? Wherever she was,if alive what could she have been through. I knew for one thing that The Edwards heiress never showed up to claim her place. Did she even know that an empire of millions waited for her to return or did she think she had nothing in this world.

Did she know that her best friend awaited everyday for her return ? He knew that if she did return everything won't be the same as before, they wouldn't be the same as before. There friendship won't be looked at as innocent anymore. Things between them would change. She would be a non mehram after all and we would have our boundaries.

But all I wanted was to know if she remembered me. If she remembered our promise of staying with each other for ever. What if she had forgotten? She was only eight and she must have gone through a lot.

What if she was already married? This brought a queasy feeling to my stomach. I had been in love with the girl all life, I wonder if I would be able to see her with someone else after holding on to her after all these years. Not once did I believe that she was dead.

My Sophia was very much alive and someday, I would meet the woman I had loved all my life. Someday we would be together forever and whatever the case would be I would find her.

I don't know what I'd do if she was married to someone else but all I did know was that if she was happy, that would be more than enough for me. Love was about seeing the one you love happy and content after all. And I knew, I could do anything to keep Sophia happy, even if it meant letting her go for once and for all. If she was married. I would move on. U would move on and live my life if I could. I would be content in her happiness. I would make sure she was happy.

All these years I waited, but now. Not anymore. Now I had the funds and I had the power. I would put one of the best people in the detective agency. Despite of what my mom told me. It was either now, or never. I couldn't find her when I was younger but now, I had everything that I needed. I had the influence, the money, I had the power to find her and I would not rest till I find her. Even if it meant looking for her at the remotest places in the world.