CHAPTER FOURTEEN

A Cinderella for the sheikh
Chapter fourteen

The next day Sophia holed herself inside the guest room, I needed to talk to her but she never came out. I had made breakfast and knocked on the door but she didn't open.

She had been without food for sixteen  hours now and I was getting worried. I really hoped that mom got here soon. I had hired someone who would help and take care of Sophia and I paced the floor as I waited for her. Looking at the clock I realised it was exactly  six in the evening.
Right on time the doorbell rang, had to give the woman some credit for being that punctual.

He opened the door to find a young girl standing awkwardly at the door.

As soon as she saw him her eyes widened and she shot her hand out to shake. I smiled at her and ushered her inside so that I wouldn't hurt her feelings. She looked confused at first but then brushed it off.

"Mr Ashàr?" She questioned politely and I smiled nodding my head.

"And you must be..." I trailed off, I didn't know her name, I had only requested the agency to send someone for help.

"I am Julia. I thought I had to take care of a lady." She eyed me wearily. I could understand her weariness. She had to be careful, No one knew what they had to deal with.

"Yes you do, her name is Sophia. All you have to do is take care of her needs and maybe cook for her and get her to eat her food and whatever else she requires."

"Is she your wife?" She asked bluntly, he caught her glancing at his hand to check for his wedding ring.

"No ,but she is my friend" Her eyes brightened up at this and she gave me a genuine smile.

"Has she eaten anything?" She enquired.

"No, she hasn't eaten anything at all."

I directed her to Sophias room and went to my room to fetch the necessities I had requested Kade's girlfriend to get for her. Kade's girlfriend Embrald was a cheerful and pretty twenty three year old with a huge smile on her face. And when Kade had asked her if she could shop for Sophia she had been determined to help.

Kade's girlfriend had arrived at sharp eight am with Kade to ask me what all I need. She was fortunately the same size as Sophia so that had been less awkward.

When I had given her my unlimited credit card, her smile couldn't have gotten any bigger after enquiring what all she was supposed to buy I had shrugged "All that a girl would need" I had said her and when she returned at three pm with a total of sixteen shopping bags I had realised why people say 'woman love to shop.' I had received a message from the bank that four thousand dollars had been debited from my account and I was like wow, girl stuff was pretty expensive. The look on Kade's face was enough to make me laugh. The poor guy looked like he was about to nap on the floor.

I knocked on the door and Julia popped her head out of the room, her curly hair bouncing up and down.

I lay the bags on the floor and smiled at her. "Give this to Sophia will you? Hopefully this will cover all that she needs and if she needs anything else tell her not to hesitate to tell me." Julias eyes almost popped out as she looked at the amount of bags on the ground.

"Wow, that's a lot." She said as she carried them into the room four at a time, after about four trips she closed the door again and he wondered if Sophia had finally eaten something.

Now all he waited was for his mother to come.Things would get better when she got here. It was uncomfortable when he faced the facts that there were two woman in the house and he was the only guy.

Two hours later he received a message from his mother enquiring if was coming to pick her up or she should just come by herself. It wouldn't be difficult for her since she had her personal assistant and two bodyguards with her always since dad never let her go anywhere alone. He was over possessive when it came to mom.

Typing a quick text that he would be there in fifteen minutes he informed Julia that he was going out for a while. He called Mark to station at the door for protection and was off to get his mother.

As he reached the airport he went to the priority waiting lounge where his mother was waiting for him. How he got inside? Being the son of a sheikh and the sixth richest man in the world had its perks, having a number of private luxury jets helped too.

As he entered he found his mother browsing through a magazine, Her P.A. Ellen sat next to her and her bodyguards stood to the side looking intimidating. No one else was occupying the room.

I stood in front of mom with a big smile on my face. It had been over two months since I had last seen her and I missed her a lot. As soon as She saw me she leapt to her feet, joy on her face.

She held my face in her hands and kissed my forehead " As salamun alaikum habibi, it's been so long you almost forgot your poor mother." She exclaimed.

I grinned at her as I took both her hands in mine and kissed them. I wrapped an arm around her as she looked at me like a mother looks at her child.... like I was the centre of her universe.

After greeting her I lead her to my car. Ellen and the guards gave me a nod as they followed behind. We were a crowd that always caught attention as people murmured about us. Some wondered who we were and some knew who we were.

I just hoped that the paparazzi was not around. Thankfully we were able to make way towards my car without and flashes of light. Nobody knew that mom was here,thankfully.

Mom raised an eyebrow when she saw my car. "Habibi, the car is gorgeous and all but where are these three going to sit?" She enquired and I chuckled. Thank God I had booked a car on rent with a driver.

I pointed at the Bentley that stood few feet away. "Guys, you are taking that car and mom will come with me." They reluctantly shook their heads and headed towards the car with all the luggage.

I had directed the driver to take them to my apartment where I had given the keys of the apartment in front of mine for them where they would be staying for the time being.

"Care to get a coffee with me dear mother?" I questioned and Mom rolled her eyes.

I took her to the nearest Starbucks and ordered a caramel mocha for her and an espresso for me.

"Okey, I suppose you brought me here because you wanted to talk about something?" My mom questioned sipping on her beverage and I wondered how I was going to start.

"I don't know where to start from." I frowned and she gave me a heart warming smile.

"Start from the very beginning my son." She answered and I did. I told her everything from the ball till what happened last night and she remained stunned , her eyes fixated on me.

"It is definitely her?" She questioned

"No doubt about that, her eyes give her away and all her features resemble aunt Maya." I confirmed and mom swayed on her seat as she struggled to take in my every word.

"She is alive. " She murmured and I wrapped my arms around her afraid that she would collapse at any moment.

She looked at me with her blue eyes pooling with tears "Take me to her then."
She said as she got of the seat and hurried towards the car.

                 *********************