CHAPTER SIXTEEN

A Cinderella for the sheikh
Chapter Sixteen

I heard constant banging on our apartment door and I dragged myself to see who it was.

As soon as I opened the door a very flustered Kade walked in. He started to pace the ground as soon as he got inside.
I patiently waited for him to cool down and settle himself.

"They've located us, we need to move, They maybe here any minute."

I looked at him in a trance, how?
How was it even possible? We were under a safe radar. They didn't even know she was with us.

"How?" I questioned Kade.

"They must have gone through a lot of trouble. I still don't understand how they found out but they know the exact location. I saw one of them stationed right outside this place. My guess is they were fooling us so that they could plan an ambush or a kidnapping. I think they never lost us when we fled in that car."

"You mean to say they never lost us?" I asked. I shouldn't have brought mother into this.

"I don't see any other explanation. They were just buying time to break through security." He frowned.

I passed my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Call the cops?" I asked as last hope.

" Cops can be bought. We cannot trust anyone."

I nodded my head. He was right. Loyalty came at a high price now days and was very rare.

"We should take her to Dubai then. We are Royalty. We can get through anything. We have the best of protectors. We can figure something out."

"That would mean locating her even easier. Staying at your place would only get her into more trouble with the paparazzi and Mr.Hassan. And I don't think that would be wise. We need to keep low key till Sophia turns Twenty one, hide her from the world if need be till then. The day Sophia will announce to the world she is the heir of the Edward empire and we have proof against Hassan then all of this will end. Till then we will have to be invisible to everyone."

"Where then?" I questioned. .

"A safehouse" Kade answered.

"Mom needs to go back As soon as humanly possible. Take her to the flat next door and explain to her bodyguards what's happening. They will take her back safely.
How are we going out if we are being watched?" I asked him and he nodded at the emergency exit door. "If that's guarded too?"

"I checked it's not. We don't have much time. Tell Sophia to pack up. You do the same. It's going to be a long trip." Kade warned.

I hurriedly walked to Sophia's room and knocked on her door. Julia's head popped out. "Tell Sophia she needs to pack up. We need to leave in fifteen minutes."

"Why?" The door opened fully revealing Sophia.

"They have located you, we need to move. "

"Your mom?" She questioned

"On her way to Dubai"

As I was about to turn I heard her call out to me. It was the first time in so many years she had called my name that it brought back many memories and it spread warmth within me.

"Yes?" I turned around to look at her

"I trust you and all but I'm not going with you guys alone. "

"I understand but it is a matter of life and death Sophia. If you wish you can ask Julia to come along if she's okey with guns being shot at her."

I turned to look at Julia who's jaw had dropped. But then it quickly changed into a smirk. "Guns.... bullets....Being hunted! I like it." She exclaimed. " I'm game, coming whether you like it or not. Just one question though."

"What? " I questioned.

"Will I get an increase in my pay?"

I looked at her in amusement. She sure was something.

" If we get alive out of this I will give you 10 k dollars." I said and her jaw dropped, her fingers flew to her mouth.

"Flying cow" she murmured and I found it difficult to restrain my laughter.

" Pack your bags right now." I exclaimed and the two girls disappeared into the room in a hurried manner. I went into my room and grabbed everything that was on sight and put them all into my gym bag and the rest in my back pack.

In ten minutes I was out of the room where Kade was already waiting.

"Where is your stuff?" I questioned.

"In the car" He nodded towards the window.

"This may not be needed at all but just in case we need to lose them. Here." He threw a holster at me and I grabbed it in awe.

"Wow thanks man. This is cool." I checked out the palm sized gun ln my hand

"They are coming" Kade said from beside the window.

I peeped out to find three people dressed casually enter the building. "That's them?" I expected them to have guns and be dressed in black.

"They got to blend in, who would allow them to enter if they had guns in their hands. People would call the police. Or maybe not. They may think they are The FBI or something. Whatever. Let's get going. Lock the door. Will buy us some time."

I nodded my head. Just in time the girls came out of their rooms. Julia was dressed All in black. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"This is how it is in the movies." She replied gleefully and I smiled. Sophia was looking at her in an amused fashion.

As soon as we heard chaos we shot towards the emergency exit. The girls in front and Kade behind me. I had locked the door as Kade had instructed. As soon as we jumped out of the door I realised that we were not involved in any child's play. We were now in serious danger and we had to save Sophia at all costs. All I knew now was that we were heading to Kade's 'safehouse.' For how long. No one knew.