CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

They came straight to the airport. All three of them. The boys from the military. My pals.
I knew I could count on them. They were not here because I was a prince but as friends. If there was something I was proud of in my life, it was of the friends I had. Yes, I had friends who were just in need of spotlight or money and had misused me. Some didn't even bother or cared. But they, the group I had with me,Kate and Minho included, were friends, real friends who wouldn't ever let me down, they weren't with me for my title or money. They were here with me because they were good friends. Because they cared and they proved it every time I needed them and they had my back.

The three had smirks on their faces as they made way towards my group. I couldn't help but smile warmly at them.

They greeted me then bumped my shoulder. Then came the 'who's toughest'. The firm handshake where the guys almost fractured my hand by all the force they used.

"I am Jameel" Jameel extended his hand towards Kate and Minho,  then smiled at the girls.

"James" the other one introduced himself. He too like Jameel shook hands with the boys and greeted the girls with a smile and a 'hello'

"Dawud" The last one, who was also the wittiest all of us fist bumped the guys and saluted the girls, getting a giggle from Julia. I had wanted to send back home but Julia simply refused to go. Sophia and Julia had formed a bond and refused to let each other go. So I brought her to Dubai along with us. Till she wanted she was welcome to stay.

I was about to walk forward when three guys in black suits formed a semi circle around my group of friends. That's great,thank you dad! This was so embarassing. The guards always watched me from afar. Not flanking me. The way I had asked since my teenage years but this time I realised that this was not only for me,This was also for Sophia's protection.

"Hey,this is seriously wrong Ashàr! Why do you need bodyguards when we are around you? This is an insult" James shouted he was also having a glare contest with one of the body guards.

I just smiled and shrugged. "Ask him" I pointed at Minho.

"I know nothing about this" Minho whined. I called my father to confirm if he had sent the guards and the answer was in the positive.

There were three cars waiting for us.
The guards trailed of to the last car, James, Dawud, Jameel and Kade headed of to the second one and I along with the other's headed to the first car.

"So, this is how the rich live" Julia happily muttered as she bounced up and down excitedly. Sophia on the other hand had a frown on her face. She was anxious.

The trip home was filled with silence except for a few exclamations from Julia and sly remarks from Minho.

As the car stopped all of us lazily piled out.

I was about to enter along with Minho when I realised the girls were not following us.

We turned around to find them gawking at the mansion. We rarely used this place and mostly opted to live in the penthouse but recently dad had consumed living here full time instead of just on holidays.

"This is like a freaking palace" Julia stared in awe.

The place where Julia spent all her childhood was also a mansion but our place was two times bigger than that and it was also a combination of both antique and modern. It was a sight worth seeing.

"What did you expect? He's a prince" Dawud replied as the four guys walked towards us.

"The huge doors were swung open and we climbed the stairs. Mom came into view. I hurried to meet her. I greeted her and she hugged me, Kissing on my forehead and I kissed her on her hands.

She smiled at me affectionately then her eyes travelled to the party in front of her.

"Jade, Minho,Dawud,James,James, Sophia and Julia"  she smiled at them. "I see you guys still have my sons back" She teased the guys and the flashed her a smile.

"Till death Ma'am"  James saluted her and mom smiled.

Mom knew all of my friends. Jade from my days at the university in America, Minho obviously from here, Julia and Sophia she had already met, James,Jameel and Dawud she knew from the time I served in the military.

"I heard I have a daughter in law now" Mom teased me again and I smiled awkwardly.

Mom held out a hand to Sophia. She kissed her in the forehead and then gestured all of us to come inside. She went ahead holding onto Sophia.

"Anna,Ayesha please take our guest's to their rooms, and see that they are given utmost attention to." All of them piled out of the room following Ayesha and Anna.

"I suppose you two need rest as well. Go Ashar, Show Sophia your room."

My mom smiled at me and watched as I awkwardly lead Sophia to my room.

In all the chaos I had conveniently forgotten one thing.

Mom didnt know that this was a contract marriage. She expected me and Sophia to live in the same room. Now, the question was....

How would Sophia react to the news?