CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

A Cinderella For The Sheikh
Chapter Seventeen.

We got out of New York City without any trouble and unfortunately I didn't get to use the gun that Kade had given me. I kept it with me though, just in case. I could do some target practice too.

"This is hell! " Julia muttered and I smirked. We had been travelling half day through now, stopping only for gas and food. Sophia had been silent all through. The Sophia I knew couldn't stay a minute without talking. People changed. It would be absurd of me to think that she would be the same person she was, so many years back. Things had changed for her. She was being hunted by her own blood for her wealth, she had been living a lie her whole life. No person could remain the same after all that Sophia went through and is going through. Someday if I was given the honour to, I would make Sophia the way she once was. I would bring her the joy that was missing in her life.

I was taken out of my reverie when my phone rang.

My father's powerful voice had me in attention. After formalities there was a pause on the line and it made me nervous.

"Where are you?" Sheikh Omar Abdullah asked his son, unknown to Ashàr his father had been in a frenzy when his wife had returned home with the news that his son had to run somewhere and not only that but his best friends daughter was alive.

"We are going to a safe house dad. Sophia is in danger. We need to keep her safe."

"I understand ,your mother says so.but you do realise that there can be no other house on Earth safer than ours? We can keep her safe and we can even put Hassan behind bars. You forget that you are the heir to the third most powerful empire in the world habibi"

Ashàr contemplated his father's words. But could they really be safe anywhere.

"We cannot go to the airport father,they have placed spies everywhere." I muttered what Kade had reported after we left. The reason we were going so far by car.

"I'll send you one of our helicopters then" Omar asked pacing in his office room.

"As soon as we reach our destination I will send you a GPRS map of the location we are in. You may send the helicopter father. We will come back to Dubai and Nobody should know that heir of the Edward empire is still alive. But she cannot be seen in public father. Not yet." Ashàr sighed.

"You get here son,we will sort it out together." There was a finality to my father's words and I knew there was no other option. My father was right. We'd go through this together.

I turned around to look at Kade. I knew he thought it wasn't a good idea but if I didn't go back along with Sophia I would be hunted down by the Royal Emirati family too.

"My father is sending a helicopter when we reach. I'm saying two days max before he sends out a search party for us if we don't respond." Kade nodded his head. He had met Ashàr's father once and he couldn't stop shaking. There could be no man with a more dominating aura than his father. It was probably the royal blood since Ashàr had the same aura around him too.

"I say we call them as soon as we reach. Though I have a feeling that we are being waited on in Dubai. Your people maybe filtered. Hassan is not a new player Ashàr and most probably he has eyes on your family too. They are safe but that doesn't mean that so are there ways of communication. "

"You mean to say their communication could be bugged?" I questioned.

"Possibly. We need to keep our eyes and ears open. But yes I have a nagging doubt that Hassan has sent moles into your kingdom." I felt My blood rush cold.
What if they had already hired new help. The new help could be Hassan's men. And our empire hired people almost every day in anyway to help them especially those in need.

"When are we reaching to your safe house?" I looked at Kade.

"Possibly a day and a half. We are on our way to Texas! " Kade retorted.

I could hear the girls sigh in the back. I needed to reach Dubai now but if I couldn't then there was someone who could keep an eye on the newbies.

I called the only person I trusted with my own life. "Minho.... I need your help"

**********************