CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A Cinderella for the sheikh
Chapter twenty-one

"What happened to you?" Julia asked me amused as I made my way to the living room.

I would have taken her enquiry as concern if it wasn't for the mischief playing in her eyes. I just knew she would have something to say.

"You look like a duck!" She said as she started pointing at me and laughing.

Mature.

Very mature.

Yes, she was right. I could be mistaken for a royal duck right now. Thanks to Kade for inviting me to the chicken coop, where the chickens had actually gotten frightened and attacked us.

A minute later. A very feathery Kade walked into the living room with a scowl on his face.
All it took was a look from Julia and she was literally rolling on the floor laughing.

I told you she was very mature.

Kade in return glared at the woman on the floor. Hearing all the chaos, Sophia came running into the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Sophia inquired,her eyes twinkling with amusement.

At least she wouldn't outright laugh at us like Julia.

Turned out I was wrong.

"They look like chickens!" Julia roared and now Sophia was in hysterics too. Unable to hide her laughter anymore.

Great. Really.

I couldn't hide the slight smile on my lips as I looked at the woman who had tears on her eyes from laughing hard. It was the first time I had seen her laugh and it was contagious.

Kade shook his head,giving up as he walked towards his room. Probably to bathe.

I'd rather do the same. Still with a smile lingering on my face I headed to my room.

************

"You are girls,you ought to know how to make food!" Kade retorted desperately to Julia who was poking her tongue out in return.

"That's so stereotypical of you. That's like saying girls can't play soccer." She retorted snarkily.

"I'll make dinner" I offered, just so that they could shut up.

The two in return had there mouths hung open.

"You. A royal,can cook?" Julia asked.

"Yeah I maybe a royal but I sure wasn't bought up a brat." I rolled my eyes at them. "Every sunday, we would leave all our business and cook together. Dad, mom,me and Adel. It was how we spent our family time."

"Awwww. You.Kade, should be ashamed of yourself. That guy is a royal and most probably very rich yet,he knows to cook. What can you do?" Julia remarked.

Kade in question rolled his eyes. "Don't compare me to him! That guy is like superman." He shrugged raising his hands as if in defeat.

I chuckled at that as I made way to the kitchen. I only knew four of my moms famous dishes and I could easily survive on those. Five actually. One of then being moms famous hot chocolate.

I really missed my folks. Now I couldn't even get in touch with them. They would be worried. I had to get a new phone and new connection as soon as possible but even that seemed to be dangerous. My parents calls were tracked as much as I knew and it wasn't safe to contact them. If only I could find a way.

I absent mindedly had already put the spaghetti to boil. I must have been mysteriously craving for moms spaghetti with meat balls. I started chopping the vegetables and then took out the mince from the meat compartment to defreeze and marinate it when there was a gentle cough behind me.
"Need any help?" She inquired as she awkwardly glanced at the floor.

"Nah,I'll be done in an hour."

I replied waving her off.

"I needed to speak to you anyway"

I thought for a while before gesturing her to join me.

"I'm all ears." I nodded,encouraging her to continue.

"I read my father's will." She said pointedly.
I nodded. Waiting for her to continue.

"There is one more way that the empire can be handed over to be before I turn twenty one
And that is what I want. I can't risk my empire falling to my uncle."

I hadn't read it properly in this case coz I had no idea what she was talking about.

"It says that the emore may be handed over to me when I get married."

I looked at her in shock. Okey, where was she going with this. I couldn't bear the idea of her marrying anyone but me. How would I live. I had waited so many years just for her. I was already hers. She had me wrapped around her little fingers at the age of six. How could I just let her marry someone I didn't even know whethe he would keep her happy or not.

I gestured her to continue.

"Will you help me by marrying me Ashàr? Will you do me this favour? I know it is too much to ask for as a favour. We can keep a contract if you like. For a year.The contract says if we separate before one year the empire will go to my closest relative. In this case my uncle or cousin sister and I can't let that happen either. Will you be my husband for a year Ashàr?

I blinked at her once. Then repeatedly blinked at her again.

She wanted to get married to me? That too on a contract. I didnt want my marriage to be like this. I wanted to her to marry me because she would fall in love with me but I couldn't let down a favour she was so desperately in need of.

"I know no one but you and you need to understand that. With you. I'd know you are not after my money because you already have a lot of your own. And even though I have no memories of our past ,I trust no one but you. I am desperate. Please don't think I am selfish."

I didn't know what to answer.

I could give her my world if she asked had for it.

I had already given her my heart.

What else did I have to lose? I was already hers.

I knew I'd get hurt with this plan of hers. No one would lose in this game but me.

I'd be hurt when I'd have to let her go but For the world of it I could never say no to her. Even if she would ask me to give her all my wealth I would.

I'd be hurt in this game. I'd be the one who'd lose. But if it's a year I'd get to have with her then Id take it. If I'd get a year to keep her happy then id live with that all my life. Even if she'd let go of me a year later.

I looked at her and nodded.

"Just point out the date you want it to be."

Sophia smiled at me genuinely as she walked out of the room and she took my heart with her.

**************************

Sorry for all the mistakes. I finally got the time to update I thpught I couldn't but finally got the time. =) dedicated to all of you who replied on my msg board that you are waiting for the update.

Love all of you and all you other awesome readers and voters.

XOXO
Fatima=)