CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

Let's say we get twenty more votes this time. You guys up for it?

Hope you check out my book Carson Sisters.Its sort of a mystery/action novel. I'm sure you will like it if mystery is your genre. Do give it a peek if you have spare time.

XOXO
Fatima =)

Not Proof read.

A Cinderella for the sheikh
Chapter Fifteen

All the way home, mom kept playing with her bracelet. This was the only way we would know that mom was anxious. Every time she had to speak in front of crowds or in front of the paparazzi or give an interview or statement she would absent mindedly play with her bracelet. She was always worried about the Emirati crowd accepting her since she was not a native. But nevertheless she was bestowed with a lot of love by the crowd. Sure, there were a few related royal bloods who were not too happy but they couldn't do anything about it. My mother had gone through a lot making my father over possessive about her.

Just one wrong word from the paparazzi about my mom and my dad would go berserk. That is how it always was. And right now I had no idea how to make her feel at peace.

As we made way to our apartment I wasn't surprised to see mom's bodyguards and Ellen pacing the floor waiting for her. As soon as they felt our presence they looked up , sighing in relief. Mom gave them a small smile, with a wave of a hand dispatched them as she followed me to my apartment. The other three waiting for the next lift to get on. Even though we never minded them coming with us, those three never broke their protocol, unless mom was alone.

I was glad I didn't need that much protection. During my teenage years it was a hassle and I was so damn frustrated because I couldn't even go to school alone but then my father and I came up with an agreement. If I had a tracker on me and if I agreed to have someone watching me from a distance he would let me off the hook. At that time, it was all I would ask for, it was like I was a free person.

Even now there were undercover agents keeping an eye on me but it didn't effect me anymore. I had accepted it to be a part of my life. 

As I left mom on the couch I made way to the kitchen to make her a cup of hot chocolate. It was our family - go to beverage at all times.

One cup of hot chocolate and everything was supposed to be all dandy again. Alright,  not really but you get the point.

After mom had the hot chocolate and finally looked a little relaxed I knocked on the door.  Julias head popped out of the room and I gave her a smile.

"How's she feeling?" I questioned.

"Better I believe. She is eating a little at least but opening up to me? Not so much. I'd really like her to speak so that she gets it out n feels better but I'm sure when she feels she can trust me she will."

"You think she will be able to come out for a couple of minutes? Someone wants to meet her." I looked at her uncertainly. I hadn't seen Sophia since the day we brought her home. 

She disappeared inside for a little while and then opened the door. "She says she will be out in ten minutes." With that she closed the door on my face and I rolled my eyes.

I made my way to where mom was seated , I removed Sophias bracelet from my pocket and placed it on her palm.

"This Is how I found out it was her." I said as I sat besides her on the couch.

She examined the bracelet and a smile graced her lips.

"This was especially custom made for her. I helped Maya pick up the design, when we met the Summer before the accident took place." My mom choked a little sob as she placed her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead and wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

I knew she was going down memory lane. I wish I could stop the tears from flowing down my mom's cheeks but I couldn't. It was better for her if she let it flow. Bottling up emotions never end up in a good way. Especially not for mom who had once fought through depression. 

We heard the sound of a door close and we looked up to see Sophia exiting her bedroom. She looked at us with uncertainty as she stood awkwardly near the couch.

"Please take a seat." And she hesitantly sat on the couch opposite to us.

I looked at mom who was staring at her with widened eyes. Her grip on my arm tightening every second as she took in Sophias features.

Mom hesitantly got up and took slow steps towards Sophia like she expected her  to have a panic attack and run. I wouldn't be surprised if she did.
Mom sat down next to her and held  Sophias face in her hands examining every bit of her features. I looked at the both of them apprehensively. Clenching and unclenching my fist as I looked at the both of them.

Mom let out a little sob as she wiped her tears again.

"You look just like Maya." Mom whispered as she wiped her eyes again.

"Do you know who my parents were?" She questioned and My mom's head snapped to look at her. She looked at me with questioning eyes and I nodded my head. She remembered nothing.

My mom slowly nodded her head answering her question.

"I knew your mom for a long time. She was my best friend. And your dad was my husbands best friend. Your mom's name was Maya, She looked just like you except she had ivory skin, Your complexion is like your father's but your features are just like hers. Your father's name was Edward."

Sophia was looking at my mom with attention, hanging onto her every word. I couldn't imagine learning about your parents from strangers instead of growing up with them. I couldn't imagine her pain.
How could it be sufficient to hear about your parents. It wouldn't be just.

"Your mom was a bright woman, full of happiness and energy. She was a beautiful woman and most kind. She helped me a lot when I went through tough times. She was always there for me. Your father was a generous and kind man too, more sober but very sarcastic." Mom chuckled as she held Sophias hand in hers.

"You had amazing parents Sophia, It wouldn't do justice to give a little bit of summary about them. They were amazing people." My mom squeezed her hand.

"How did they die?" She questioned and I stiffened.

My mom looked at me for a second as she spoke again.

"You were seven years old then and your parents wanted to take you on a vacation,especially your dad. He felt guilty not spending much time with you. He had an empire to run afterall. They called us to join them but we couldn't, My husband had prior arrangements but we came to see you off. You were so happy that day, Your mom had dressed you up like a princess. And you kept swirling your gown telling everyone around that you were princess Aurora. A few days later we got news that your Yacht had drowned and that no one survived. We found your parents bodies but no one found yours.  But you were claimed to be dead. No child could have survived the ocean currents they said. But since your body was not found your empire still awaits it's heiress." 

"They lied to me." Sophia said in a quiet voice. "They lied to me all life. They said I was an orphan. They said they took me in. Not once did I know that he was my uncle. That day I heard them talking. They said they killed my parents. They said as soon as they signed the deeds they wouldn't need me either and I made a run for it. I called him and I escaped. They are still looking for me and I have no home. I have nowhere to go. They killed my parents." With that Sophia broke down into tears. Her body shaking as she choked on sobs. My mother wrapped her in a hug as she cried onto her shoulder and I looked at her in distress. I could do nothing to help my best friend. I could do nothing to ease the pain of the woman whom I've loved since so many years. And for the first time in my life I felt useless.

              ******************