GOD COMPLEX

CHAPTER 22. GOD COMPLEX.

SAMANTHA.

Sucking in air like I had been held too long under water, I rasp greedily for air with one word on my lips, "Lucas!" I'm not sure what exactly happened and as each new second ticks by I lose more and more Intel about what has happened, its just disappearing. One hard and very violent shudder passes through my entire body jerking me in horrid delight, and a moan escapes my lips. Just as I'm recuperating from it the glass shower door slides open and Jace is standing there again, only this time he is completely naked. He has this, this look in his eyes, and all the fog whooshes out from the shower into the bathroom, and I see a shimmer or ripple pass over his eyes, and soon it's replaced with what could only be lust, and he steps into the shower with me.

Peaking from my faced down, hands braced against the wall position, I take in the full length of him, and am left speechless by it. He steps right up behind me, and with both our legs-among other things-touching he laid a delicate hand leaving a trail of heat up my back to my neck. From there up to my ear and delicately back down, full of heat but causing shivers in its wake. He runs his other hand through my hair and makes his way down my neck and down my back meeting up with his other hand and just before they reached the top of my bottom, a flash of feeling sparked in my brain, 'trust,' followed by an internal whisper, "be aware, look closely...deeply,"

My eyes cleared from their lust hooded covers, "Jace... stop it isn't right." Standing straight up I cover the front of myself with my hands even thought my back side is to him, and quietly whisper "Please leave the shower,"

I stood there waiting and just before he turned to leave I heard a small and quiet grunt come from him. It was that disgusted grunt again, what the heck is with him? And that grunt? Suddenly he slammed the shower door closed. Not ever expecting him to do such a thing, he scared me so much so, that I jumped causing me to slip and fall in the shower. "Oww!" After whacking my head, I looked at the door to see if it was broken, but it wasn't, what it was, was left open slightly and I could see Jace. He was walking into my bedroom but suddenly stopped short and stood very still. He cocked his head slightly at sickening angles almost like he was tuning into something he heard far away.

Shocked I lift my hand to my mouth, and to stifle the sound I made from sucking in that startled breath, but it was too late, he heard, his head had cocked down cracking as it went, and with his naked self walked away, not even looking at me. Frightened wasn't even the word...

CASPIAN.

Now upon my new mission at hand came the most important question I could ask, "What's the catch?" Nay-u sighed in relief as if she had been waiting to hear it, odd I thought and my eyes crinkled in response,

"Oh Caspian there are many. First, we need you to get something from the Forest of Cloud, you know that but...there are 51 cloud forests in existence, I'm afraid and we don't know which one is the 'right' one. Second, you have many a tasks to accomplish not just the one, third, we need you to retrieve an orb, a sacred and very old orb. And NOT lastly I can't be certain, but getting that orb will require some sort of tremendous sacrifice on your behalf, I'm sorry to announce I don't know what that is, nor could I ever, it is for you, and you alone to accomplish...."

I pondered all this heavily before asking, "And that's it, Samantha's safe? Our bond will be renewed?" "Yes Caspian it will. What say you?..."

................

"When do I depart?"

*****************************************************

EZRA.