chapter 17 LEAKING & BATS OUTTA' HELL...

CHAPTER 17. LEAKING & BATS OUTTA' HELL....

2010 © Samantha Thomas

.................

There are things that, even the one who knows all, doesn't know. But does that go to show that the one who claims to know it all truly knows nothing now doesn't it? I am one who has seen and done far beyond imagination for most, but in this wake I know nothing much down to it all. What I can tell you is, there is a profound answer, one I have yet to learn but am most certain of its existence. There is a reason, a very, very good reason for this all...

A reason for her... for him...

......................

When Tiff and I got to the door, we exchanged uneasy looks at one another just before I peeled open the door. Never, had I thought I'd see this.

There, a man stood-or slouched more like it-against my front door's frame. He was wearing a brown uniform short sleeved, and shorts kinda like UPS but more ugly. And that wasn't even the disturbing part, his pallor was gray-green, and slacked with sweat but it looked more like a molten thick layer of petroleum jelly. And wait for it... he was oozing some nasty liquid out of all his facial openings, a mixture of blood, green fluid, and small streams of brown and thick yellow. I don't know how the hell this man was alive in front of us. We stood their staring, frozen by our terror and undeniable disgust.

He was moaning and convulsing slightly, when I noticed he had a package within his leaking grasp, and a letter attached, and on that letter and box I saw MY name. BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! CENSORED! -yes that's how my mind swears. Deal. I slightly moved if just fractionally, and peeked at Tiff, we made eye contact, then we screamed your typical-horror movie-girl scream, and I slammed the door shut and locked the damn thing with shaking hands. Be that as it may, it still hadn't stopped us from seeing him make a move towards us and attempting speech when his teeth feel out onto the step where my feet were planted, along with the tip of his nose, it slid off like snow on a roof on a sunny day! "Samantha-" He-it gurgled out.

After slamming the locks and sliding down my front door and opening my eyes, I saw pieces of that, that 'things' teeth. I screamed again. "AHH! WHAT THE FLUCK!" I screamed as I kicked the icky teeth which then sent them flinging towards Tiff, who in return shrieked and hoped into the air gagging. I flung my hands to my face in shame, horror, and surrender. I was terrified and I'm sure Tiff was too!

Next thing I hear is Tiff shouting into our phone, and stomping on the ground yelling at what I'm guessing was 911 to believe her. You've got to be kidding me! I was in disbelief aside from my already full plate of humongous disbelief. Cops + our situation = BAD, very bad. I caught the end of the tyrant of pleading, "-This is no damn joke! Oh, oh yeah? Come here and find out! ...you damn well better send someone here!" I heard the phone hang up, and Tiff, "Fudging morons! Frick! Frick!" as she stomped her foot repeatedly emphasizing her each and every word. I hope they didn't believe her.

Suddenly I heard a 'Thwack!' and hesitantly stood back up to peak through one of the long glass slots that were built into my front door. When I looked out I was confused, because even though the glass was foggy, I could still see the delivery truck, but I couldn't see 'swamp thing' out there anymore. "Uh, Tiff..." she kept talking to her self and stomping not stopping to listen to me. "Tiff... Tiff... TIFFANY!" "WHAT?"

She shouted back startled, "Tiff I cant see th-the guy-thing anymore." I said in disbelief. "What? What do you mean you cant see him anymore?" she said as she made her way towards me.

"Well, lets see, what part of I-cant-see-swamp thing-man-anymore- don't you get? He's gone like not there, but his truck's still here." I said sarcastically, I started to get really really freaked out more and more by the minute. "Oh no! Oh my gosh,-" I cut her immediately off I didn't like the way she said 'Oh no!' or where that inclination could be headed, "What? I'm so like, freaked out right now, ugh!" I said as I put my head and face into my hands harshly, and rubbed in, creeped-out-frustration. Then I got a disgusting chill that swam up my back and through my entire body's skin. I jumped and shook my hands like I had bugs crawling on me. "-me too, do you think he went around back trying to find a way in?" I froze, Tiff did too like the words she just said never came from her mouth and both the color in our faces drained as her words set in.