chapter 30 I'LL LIGHT THE FIRE

CHAPTER 30. I'LL LIGHT THE FIRE...

SAMANTHA.

From my crumpled place on the floor, I could see the disdainful air swarming Caspian, and I could see the loathing in his eyes, as he glared on at Jace. For every step Jace backed up Caspian was there filling the gap with his own foot, it looked as if they were dancing to an angry song I couldn't hear.

Once Jace was fully inside, Caspian slammed the door shut, "I will give you no other chance, tell me now what you are," Caspian seethed at Jace, looking like a rabid animal the way his eyes glittered, and with the grimace on his face. "WHAT?! What the fu-" Jace began baffled, and cocky which was a big no-no, Caspian took out something red and flat, it looked sharp. What was that? It was to odd shaped to be a knife. It didn't matter what it was anymore, because now he had it at Jace's throat. I sprung up and ran to where Caspian had Jace by the throat.

"What the hell are you talking about man? Get the hell off me!" Jace said as he was struggling to free himself from Caspian's grasp.

"STOP! STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I yelled frantically, I was terrified what the hell was going on? What is Caspian doing? Why is he even here?

"Caspian stop! What the hell are you doing? Please, please stop! Leave Jace alone!" I tried separating them, to no avail. I tried again-and again, got nothing.

"This is your last chance, What. Are. You?" Caspian again asked this question, what the hell was he talking about? When Jace didn't answer fast enough, he pushed the knife in further into his throat. Jace just now beginning to panic, "Oh sh-dude, please I don't know what your talking about! I'm a guy-my names Jace,"

Caspian then proceeded to push it further into his throat, causing blood to seep from the puncture, I flipped, grabbing a hold on Caspian I used all the strength inside me and I shoved, screaming "STOP! CAPIAN STOP! GET OUT NOW, LEAVE US ALONE! PLEASE, PLEASE CASPIAN, I SWEAR I'LL HIT YOU!" but even though I had shoved him it was like trying to move a wall-a brick wall. I really didn't want to hit him, or anyone for that matter, but this was not the situation to think about morals when life was on the line. Or maybe it was the exact time to think of morals...

"I can smell it, I don't know what it is, or what you are but I can smell it, its familiar," Caspian was right in Jace's face, I was terrified I had no clue at all what was going on and he was freaking me out, I tried again to shoved Caspian away.

"GET OUT! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW, BEFORE I CALL THE COPS!"

As if a light ball had lit up inside Caspian's brain, no- more as if he had realized I was here, that I exist, his head spun around and his eyes found mine and he just... stopped.

Immediately his eyes lost that look inside them, that unfathomable hatred, and the hostility drained out, making his arms fall to his sides, limp. Quickly his eyes fell, and he sheathed his weapon, so fast I wasn't sure it had happened till I saw it no more.

"Oh, Samantha... I'm so-please forgive me..." Caspian's voice not higher than a whisper. My eyes closed into tear filled slits my face scrunched up in a sorrow filled grimace, "You need to leave now." I myself couldn't get my voice to anything higher than a whisper. Forgetting Jace had been released, he fixed himself upright, and huffed out, in relief and anger at the same time. He stood straight abruptly, and came to my side, wrapping his arms over my shoulders, "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you did he?" Jace said and a new set of tears fell, and just for one second I had forgotten he had left me, walked right out my door for some stupid reason crushing me entirely.

And then, that second was over.

"And you care right? You just walked out on me, leaving me here like this, on my floor-in this fricken crap hole of a mess! Our friends lives at risk, from-from some psycho! Oh, get the hell off Jace!" in seconds I had flung his arms off me and shoved him away too. I wasn't scared anymore, or sad, maybe a little hurt still, but that was good it fueled my anger. And that's exactly what I was right now angry.