Chapter 22: Beautiful

Cora's POV

"Beautiful, it's okay." Beau tried to give me confidence but it wasn't helping. After everything that happened, I just couldn't believe that I was going to be able to do this.

"I'm just so nervous."

"He's going to love it." Beau leaned down and gave me a small kiss.

"Mom? Mom? Where's the chips?"

"In the cabinet above the coffee maker."

It had been ten years since the day the doctor told me that I might lose my child.

"What 10 year old wouldn't want a giant party for their birthday?"

"I know I'm being silly. Charlie will love it."
——————————————————————————
"Where are we going?" Charlie said as I covered his eyes with my hands.

"That would ruin the surprise." I replied as Beau opened the door for me to our backyard. The whole pack was there including his friends from school, Theo, and Natalie and Luke.  Everyone turned their attention on us as we left the house. "Alright just stand right there" I said as I took my hands off and Beau and I jogged over to everyone.

"Surprise!" We all yelled out as Charlie opened his eyes. He had a huge grin on his face.

Beau and I went over to him and gave him big hugs. "Happy Birthday, Charlie" We said.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He said while hugging us. Then he spotted his friends and looked at us.

"Go ahead" Beau said and Charlie ran over to them.
——————————————————————————
"Hey, Emily" I said as I approached her, "time for cake." 

"Let's go get it."  We walked away from the party as adults were dancing and the kids were running around.

We returned a little later with the cake and everyone gathered around us and Charlie. Everyone sang happy birthday and Charlie blew out the candles.

The pack grabbed slices of cake and I watched as Charlie ate with his friends, laughing at some joke.

Beau walked up to me and looked at what I was looking at. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest. "I love you, beautiful."

"I love you, Beau."
——————————————————————————
A/N-
Thanks for reading my first book! I know it was short and if people actually enjoy this I might write another, maybe even longer book.

-Lovecolor