Chapter 9: Party

Cora's dress^
Cora's POV

Later that day I started to get ready for the dance. I did my signature loose curls and simple glitter eyeshadow with winged eyeliner. I matched it with glittery gloss and looked at my dress again. I was worried about wearing it, thinking it was too much but Emily has convinced me it was perfect.

So I slipped it on and paired it with black heels and a simple silver necklace.

I headed downstairs and met Emily in the car waiting outside. She had gotten a babysitter and Beau was already there making sure everything was set up.

We arrived at the venue a little less than an hour later.  The place was huge and I was getting nervous. With some encouragement from Emily, we walked in.  There were lights hanging down from the ceiling, a dj at the back of the dance floor and a bar at the side. Everyone was dressed to impress and I understood why Emily had insisted on this dress.

We started to walk down the staircase towards the dance floor and all eyes were turned to us. I heard many gasps and whispers over the music and became very self conscious. Everyone was questioning who I was and some girls were shooting daggers towards me.

Emily took my arm and we made our way to the bar, thankfully. I needed some liquid courage. Once we got our drinks, we leaned against the bar and watched everyone dance. After I had taken a few sips, Emily pulled me onto the dance floor.

"Come on! Let's have some fun!" We had to yell over the music.

"But! I haven't finished my drink and I'll just embarrass myself!"

"No you won't now let's go. I never get to go out so we're partying while I can!" 

"Fine!" I yelled as she got me to the dance floor. We started dancing and I became more and more relaxed. And then all of a sudden a guy came up behind me and started grinding on me.

"Hey! Stop it!" I yelled but he just continued. Emily was trying to fight him off and so was I but he was huge. All of a sudden, I heard a thud and the guy was on the ground.

I looked up and saw who had saved me. It was my mate and he looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He said grabbing my face and inspecting it.

"I-I'm okay just scared. I can't believe he did that!"

"Come here. It's over now." He said as he took me in his arms. I was so happy to be held by him.

"By the way, you look amazing." He said with a smile.

"Thanks so do you." I said as I took in his all black suit with black dress shirt.

"You ready to be introduced?l

"I guess."  He took my hand and we headed towards the dj stage. Beau told him to cut the music and he looked out onto the crowd.  Everyone became alert and attentive as they saw their alpha.

"I hope everyone's enjoying themselves tonight." People started to cheer and then grew quiet again as Beau started to talk again.

"The reason I threw this party was for a very special occasion. To introduce everyone to this amazing woman standing next to me."  Everyone's eyes landed on me. I felt so uncomfortable.

But Beau grabbed my hand and looked at me with love and admiration in his eyes. "This is my mate, Cora. And I would like everyone to treat her with the utmost respect as she will become your Luna."

Cheers and claps erupted in the audience. Everyone was smiling and congratulating Beau except for the same girls who had glared at me before. They looked extremely jealous and angry. We walked back onto the dance floor. The dj started playing music again and Beau took me in his arms. We started dancing and I couldn't help but smile as I looked up at my mate. Our eyes met and he gave me a small kiss and I rested my head on his chest as we swayed. I couldn't have been happier.

We danced for an hour and then one of Beau's betas, Phillip, ran up to him and whispered in his ear. Beau's face instantly changed and he became very serious.

"Get Emily and meet us at the house. I'm going to take Cora home." He said as he grabbed my hand and started heading to the door.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I questioned, becoming more and more worried.

"It's Lizzy. She's gone."
—————————————————————————