Chapter 15: Theo

Cora's POV

"Y-y-you're Theo?" I said in disbelief. This couldn't be Beau's brother. Why would he kidnap me?

"Yes. Don't look so surprised. I assume my reputation precedes me however." He said with a grin.

"What reputation?"

His smile wavered, "I'm shocked. If you don't know what I do or who I am, why is that pack looking for me?"

"Because of who your family is."

His face hardened. "I don't have a family. At least not anymore."

"Yes, you do. You have a brother."

"That's impossible. My mother died during child birth. I was her first and only child. And my father, well let's just say he's no longer with us."

Will smiled behind him like he was remembering something.

"Not according to the Midnight Pack. Maybe someone lied to you but you do have a brother. It's Beau."

He looked at me with disbelief. Without saying a word, he stormed out of the room, motioning for Will to follow.

I was left in the room alone and tied up. What was he planning?
——————————————————————————
It had felt like hours since Theo and Will had left. I had attempted to break free but it was no use. Even if I could get the restraints undone, I heard guards outside that I knew I couldn't escape from.

I had begun to close my eyes, when a woman entered with food. Two men took the tools off of the table and a guard came in holding a gun in my direction. The woman moved the table towards me, placing the food in front of me.

"I'm going to undo your restraints now. If you try anything, he will shoot. We don't care who your mate is." I nodded and she undid my wrist and ankle restraints.

Then she left with the guard and I was alone once again. I only ate a little, I wasn't really hungry with all that was happening. I was just praying to Goddess that Beau was on his way.
——————————————————————————
The routine had become familiar in an odd way, the same woman gave me breakfast, lunch and dinner with the guard making sure I didn't try anything. If I had to go to the bathroom, I had to knock on the door and the guard took me down a long hallway to it.

After the first day, two of the guards had brought in a small bed frame with a mattress, a pillow, and a blanket.

It had now been five days that I've been here.

I haven't seen Theo since the first day and I was continuing to wonder how long he would keep me here and what he was doing.

Then the same woman came in with dinner and I decided to try and get some answers.

"Hey, what's your name?"

She looked at me and, with some hesitation, responded, "Linda."

"Linda, where's Theo? When will he release me? What's he-"

"Ow!" I screamed as the guard hit me with the back of his gun. I reached up to my forehead and touched the injury, my hand returned with blood on it.

"No more questions." He stated. Linda looked like she felt bad but walked out with the guard.

And hour later she returned with a bandage.

"Here" She said as she reached out her hand. "It's all I could get them to give me but I think you need stitches."

"Thanks anyway" I stated as I took the bandage from her. She left with the guard and I was once again alone.

I unwrapped the bandage and placed it carefully on my forehead. I tried to use my shirt to wipe up the blood that was dripping on face but it didn't really do any good.

I laid back in bed and tried to think of something else other than the current situation I was in. 

After a couple of hours, sleep began to take over and I slowly closed my eyes.
——————————————————————————
"Wake up!" I heard Will yell as he threw a bucket of ice water on me.

I jolted up as I looked in his direction.

"What's going on?"

"It's a surprise, sweetheart. Now let's go." He said as grabbed my arm roughly, I could already feel bruises forming. He dragged me out of the room I had been in for five days. We walked down the hallway and went past the bathroom, I had never been down here.

We eventually got to some stairs that we went up and continued to walk through this place. Up here everything was cleaner and nicely furnished. People were laughing and smiling but as soon as they saw me they froze and started to whisper to each other.

The air up here smelled strange, a scent I had got faintly downstairs but it was a lot stronger up here. I still couldn't identify it.

Will lead me to another hallway and finally stopped in front of a door. He knocked and I heard someone respond, "Come in."

We entered and I saw Theo sitting at a wooden desk with guards on either side of him. It seemed like they were having a meeting.

The room was a lot bigger than my cell and contained many bookshelves filled with artifacts and books.

"Sit" Will said as he shoved me into the chair across the desk from Theo.

"Leave us" Theo demanded and Will left with the guards. "I must apologize for the treatment you've received. However, you must understand why I questioned the validity of your claims."

I just looked at him, not knowing how to respond.

"I have called Alpha Beau and he is on his way." I gaped. I would finally be able to see my mate again. "I want to thank you for being honest with me. I have discovered information that proves that Alpha Beau truly is my brother. My mother hadn't really died during childbirth. That's just what my father said when in reality, she left him when she had had enough of the beating." He paused, "she later met Beau's father and fell in love."

Tears began to form in my eyes as he continued, "in the mean time, my father grew resentful towards me. I thought it was because he blamed me for my mother's death but really he didn't want to face the truth. He was to blame. Over the years he beat me. Everyone in the community knew it but didn't speak up. He was their leader and they feared him. But, when I turned 16, something in me changed. That night, I shifted for the first time. When my father found out, he tried to kill me but I killed him first and became the knew leader."

"Why did your father try to kill you when you shifted?"

"Haven't you realized it yet? My people are vampires." I gasped. All this time I didn't know why I smelled something strange but know it all made sense.

"Then how did you shift?"

"My mother was a werewolf and my father was a vampire. I'm the first and only hybrid."
——————————————————————————