Chapter 3: War

Cora's wolf^
Cora's POV

The next day, very early in the morning, the whole pack was awake and making preparations for war. Men and women who were able were getting ready to leave and I was pleading with my father to let me fight as well.

"Please dad, I want to help you win this war! I knew the woman who died patrolling!"

"For the last time Cora, I said no. It's too dangerous and I don't want my only daughter getting injured or possibly die."

"But I'm the Alpha's daughter! I should be helping defend this pack! Not be locked away in my room letting other people fight for me!"

"Cora I said no and that's final!"
——————————————————————————
As the fighters were starting to head out for the war, I was in my room getting ready as well. You didn't really think I was going to listen?

Everyone was already on the battlefield and in wolf form when I got there so I hid amongst the trees and shifted, trying to not scream in pain so no one would notice me. Shifting still really hurt for me because I've only done it like 6 times. My fur was golden with brown mixed in and my wolf was happy I was letting her fight.

Then I saw them. The Black Rose Pack approaching. They were so many of them and they were all bigger than most wolves and they had a ferocious look in their eyes.

Then it started. There was so much bloodshed and howls of pain. I was mainly helping others who were being attacked and overpowered. Then I smelled this intoxicating scent. It was very earthy and had hints of sandalwood. I couldn't get enough of it and as I was starting to follow the scent my father saw me. He looked furious and got some of his close guards to take me home.
——————————————————————————
When my dad returned home he was covered in blood and looked stressed. Then he told me that Ryder was in the hospital because Alpha Beau had started fighting him. Obviously, the Alpha won. He was a lot bigger and more powerful.

I was so shocked and I didn't know what to say. I was frozen.

My mom tried to console me and my dad talked to his other beta about what to do next because we had lost this battle with many casualties.

The decision was to make a meeting with Alpha Beau and try to negotiate a treaty.

We couldn't take any more losses.
——————————————————————————
An hour later I was headed to the hospital to see Ryder.

When I arrived, the nurse told me a broken rib had caused internal bleeding but they managed to get him stable and now he was resting.

As I walked into his room, I wanted to burst out crying. There were so many machines attached to him and bandages from the deep scratches and injuries.

He saw me enter and gave me a small smile.

"Hey there beautiful."

"How are you? Do you need anything? I can get a nurse or a doctor? Is this room okay for you? Here let me fix your pillows."

"Shh I'm okay. You see, I'm breathing and now that you're here I'm sure I'll heal completely before you know it. Now come lay with me."

I slowly laid down next to him and snuggled into his chest, being careful of the injuries. We laid with each other for awhile and eventually fell asleep.
——————————————————————————
Author-
Hi! Hopefully you guys love it so far! Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think or any suggestions. This is my first book so I'm still getting used to it.  By the way at the beginning I will be posting very frequently to get a story established but then I'll probably post once a week or maybe a little more often.  Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think!